Ephemeral Affection: ¶Silas' Silent Devotion¶

Rows of women toiled in the vast fields, their backs bowed as they diligently planted wheat seeds under the warm sun

Rows of women toiled in the vast fields, their backs bowed as they diligently planted wheat seeds under the warm sun. The rhythmic sound of their work filled the air with a soothing cadence.

Maren straightened her back for a moment, casting a playful glance over her shoulder. "What about that mystery man?" she teased, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes that made Seira chuckle.

Alora mirrored their actions, her own posture straightening as she joined in the conversation. "He barely talks with me. He doesn't even like to come out of the house," she replied with a hint of sadness in her voice.

However, she couldn't deny the silver lining that came with his reticence - having the bed to herself, thanks to a borrowed one from the villagers.

Seira's curiosity got the best of her as she asked, "What about his wounds?"

Alora pondered the question for a moment before responding, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "His wounds have healed."

Seira's eyes widened in disbelief. "Healed? It's only been five days. How did his wounds heal so fast?" Alora shared her friend's bewilderment, both of them left wondering about the man's mysterious recovery.

------

Alora

"I don't know," Alora admitted with a hint of bewilderment, her graceful countenance reflecting her own astonishment at the miraculous recovery she had witnessed. The wounds that once marred the mysterious man's body had vanished without a trace, leaving her in silent wonder. Her attempts to uncover his origins had yielded only reticence.

The women surrounding her chuckled heartily at the whimsical notion of the man being an official from the empire or a distant prince. Alora's small cottage had unwittingly become a hub of fascination, with villagers, particularly the women, often stealing glances at the handsome guest.

One of the ladies, with playful mirth dancing in her eyes, chimed in, "If not for that icy expression, I might have tried to strike up a conversation with him." Her words prompted laughter among the group. Gina, known for her radiant allure, playfully lamented, "I'm missing out on a prince of a faraway kingdom," casting a sidelong glance toward her betrothed, Einar.

Maren couldn't resist the temptation to tease Gina further. "What about Einar?" she inquired, her playful tone betraying her amusement.

Gina, in on the jest, laughed heartily. "Oh, Einar is the one and only love of my life," she declared, her voice filled with affection.

Maren rolled her eyes, feigning regret for having asked the question in the first place. The sweetness of their banter threatened to give her a toothache, a sentiment that wasn't lost on Seira and Alora, who shared a laugh at Maren's expense. Gina, grinning knowingly, reveled in the good-natured teasing.

All the women working looked at their antics, giggled and laughed.
The afternoon passed by this way.

------