"L boyfriend."

Onyx

Someone knocks on my door, but it's a gentle yet urgent knock. I place my phone in my pocket and I get up to get it. When I open the door I'm met with João. I grab his arm and drag him in, quietly shutting the door. "Okay, be kinda quiet-"

"Is she okay? She came to my room but Oliver and I were talking. She didn't look good like at all." He scratches the side of his neck, looking at me with a look I can't read.

I stare at him because damn. Good to see you too I guess?

"I'm talking about Val by the way."

"Really? No shit." I roll my eyes before continuing what I was going to say beforehand. "She's sleeping; Roman is with her." I point to the door in my room that leads into a master bedroom with two beds. "She didn't look good at all."

"Did she tell you what was wrong?"

"No. She was just like really pale, then she started to cry? I asked her if it was food poisoning but she said no. So I've got no clue." I tell him...now that I say it out loud...girl was going through it for real. "Wait, she might be like homesick?"

"That or she was having a really bad anxiety attack." He moves past me, and opens the door that leads to the master bedroom. I follow behind him, hoping he doesn't wake her up.

Aww, this is so adorable. Roman's on his iPad with his arm hanging over Valentina. I take a quick photo of them and João side eyes me. "What? This is cute." I flip him off, tucking my phone back in my pocket. 

João walks over to Roman's side of the bed, "did she tell you what's wrong?" He asks him, looking at Valentina with a worried look, and soft eyes. He looks like he genuinely wants to know if she's okay or not-

Hold on a second.

"You like Val don't you?" I speak up with a smirk on my face. "This makes so much sense. Ah, you guys are like little enemies to lovers."

His eyes go wide and he shakes his head frantically. "First off, what does that have to do with anything? She was literally pale and crying? I'm not talking about my feelings right now."

"Fine. Fair point." I sigh even though he pretty much just gave me the answer. It's like I've just read a book-fuck that.

IM IN THE BOOK.

"She's been sleeping for like an hour, should I wake her up?" Roman questions quietly, "or should we leave her?"

"It's been an hour already? I swear she came to my door like five minutes ago." João looks at the two of us as if we're gonna make him travel back in time or some shit.

"She went to your door and you didn't help her?" Roman glares at him, me, then back at João. "L boyfriend."

"What were you doing this past hour?" I take a seat on the couch as I watch João search for a lie. One thing he's bad at is lying. You can always tell when he's lying.

"I was talking to Oliver."

"About?"

"...the first game." He rocks back and forth on his heels; Roman and I try to hold our laugh in. João notices and his face scrunches up. "What."