Chapter Eleven

"Hey. James wait up. It's not what you think." Aliyah yelled at the top of her lungs as she chased after James. Saying: 'it's not what you think' made Aliyah sound much guilty. She doesn't owe James any explanation, but she was still the one running after him like a Bridezilla. James didn't turn to look at Aliyah, he was vexed to the core. He just kept walking fast and making sure he wasn't far from Aliyah. He wanted Aliyah to chase after him, maybe then, she might even forgive him. James' initial plan was to deliver his over-rehearsed apology speech to Aliyah and then crown his speech with a bar of white chocolate—Kit Kat. But the sight he saw ignited jealousy inside him.

Aliyah on the other hand knew not why she was the one running after James after what he had done to her: the lies, the attitude and lots more. Maybe it was the Kit Kat after all, who wouldn't want the choco-goodness dancing on their taste buds. Aliyah halted, realizing she was embarrassing herself. James wasn't her goddamned boyfriend and she was running after him like a clingy and mentally deranged girlfriend. She turned and started walking back to the classroom, where she left her backpack. She had determined that; Kit Kat wasn't worth embarrassing herself for, she can easily get a bar once she got home.

The small and anticipated tapping sound behind James seized. He knew Aliyah had given up on chasing him, he should have waited before she lost interest. James turned and took Aliyah's position; he was now the chaser while Aliyah was the stuck up girlfriend. Aliyah didn't walk faster—since she still craved the white chocolate in James' hand. Gradually, Aliyah waited for James to catch up with her.

James did catch Aliyah in her tracks, but Aliyah wasn't facing him. She doesn't want to be seen by her childhood sweetheart so desperately. James had no choice but to take her hands in his. Doing that, Aliyah jerked her hands off his.

"What are you doing?" Aliyah questioned, dusting imaginary dust from her hand.

"I'm sorry I made you run after me. I just don't wanna interrupt you guys." James affronted indirectly.

Aliyah scoffed silently, "I know you better than anybody. You think I'm dating Bilal. Why would I?" She questioned.

James gave Aliyah a vexed stare, "Aliyah, I also know you well. And I know how you look when you're feeling embarrassed. You were smiling like a—whatchamacallit when Bilal was sugarcoating his way right into your heart. No offense." He explained and indirectly told Aliyah he was jealous. Why was he jealous? Even him can't answer that question.

Aliyah's face burned with fury. "None taken," she said, angrily. Aliyah continued walking back to the classroom; it was so stupid of her to be so blinded by her sugary love to notice the truth about James. James would always and forever be a jerk, no matter how much magic, spell or charm wasted on him—he would still be Captain Jerky-pants. Why was he even demanding an answer when he has been nothing but a liar?

"He is not my dad for Allah's sake." Aliyah muttered to herself as she walked off.

James jogged up beside till he was by Aliyah's side, leaving an inch distance between them. "I'm sorry Aliyah. For the way I spoke. Here," he offered Aliyah a Kit Kat.

Aliyah was flattered, and she forgot why she was even angry in the first place. James had a heart of gold, whenever she offended him , it was James that would apologize first. He was a great friend to Aliyah, but his dishonesty lowered his rank. Aliyah paused with a smile before accepting the bar of white chocolate. Accepting it, her hand brushed James caramel skin, and her heart skipped.

For some unknown reasons, James looked different from before; his thick rough hairs were much longer than it was a year ago, and he had started developing facial hairs on his chin—which made him look more mature and hot. Aside from a friendship feeling Aliyah always felt when she was around James, she started feeling something weird and wild. Something dangerous and undescribable, Aliyah looked up at James' lips. Why was she looking at his lips?