Chapter 11

Jennie's POV

Looking at Lisa's reaction right now is scaring me. Earlier, she cried like she was a child who lost her puppy and now, I don't see any expression at all.

She stared at the flat screen tv and grabbed the remote control on my hand and turned it off.

"I guess it is too much for today, yeah?" She said vehemently.

No words came out of my mouth, instead, I went back leaning on her shoulder and wrapped my arms on her waist like side hugging her.

Our bodies were rested on the couch and this was the closest we've ever been.

Our position may look uncomfortable but I hope this would make her feel better.

Still it didn't sink in finding out that Lisa Manoban, is the heiress of the next rich person to our family in Asia.

Am I really that stupid not to realize that soon? Or was she so good at hiding?

I have learned few things about her and it surprises me all this time she carried that keeping it to herself and not even once, she bragged about her social status.

To see Lisa dumbfounded with the news, losing her equilibrium and bravado is a new sight to me. Her confidence radiates always, but this time, it hits different.

Her gloomy aura and not her usual self says.

She is fragile and shattered, it's an inexplicable feeling. I never experienced pain like she has now.

"You can stay here as long as you like, I don't mind." I said.

"Hmm." She answered felt her cheeks touched my forehead like she is now used to our position.

Thinking what happened earlier that something was not right when we were at Jisoo's place, I saw how astonished and pale she was after I was long gone in the bathroom.

While she drove home, I sensed it was a long and quiet ride. Her face looked lifeless and she's avoiding my gaze whenever I initiate a conversation.

I would not forget what happened earlier in her car, she actually tried flirting and attempted on kissing me and I lost control.

For once, I never felt the same way before, there's lecherousness between us, anytime, she can rip me off, in her most lustful way. Like she owns me.

The pain in her eyes when the picture of that girl and her bestfriend slipped on her jacket. Now I know why she did what she's done to protect her ego.

My eyes are getting heavy because of the silence filled the room, neither of us spoke because of the events happened today.

I just woke up and realized we have been in this position for hours and not moving a bit. She might have fallen asleep too.

It's already 3 in the morning and Lisa is still here.

I tried to get up to get some pillows and blanket to rest her and as I took few steps without making any noise, I heard her called my name in a raspy voice.

"Jennie."

I was shook when she spoke, "I'm sorry for making your night a mess, you should be in deep slumber but here you are, sleeping with me."

I smiled when she said, sleeping with me.

"Lis, it is okay. This is the best I can do right now, and I am pretty sure you will do the same thing for me." Assuring that it's okay if she barged in.

I saw her smile back when she heard what I said. Despite the absence only for few hours, I missed those curved lines she draws on her lips every time.

"I can start driving for you next week, just call me whenever you need me."