Chapter 2 - Natsu

Natsu's P.O.V

This girl followed quietly behind us. Happy would occasionally strike up a conversation with her, but otherwise she stayed to herself. Not that I minded that. I enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was nice. Happy eventually landed on my head and dozed off. The only thing being heard on our long walk home was his quiet snores. I didn't try to talk to her, but once Happy was asleep I could feel her eyes looking my way. Was she waiting for me to start a conversation with her? That thought was hilarious. I don't even remember the last time that I started a conversation with anyone.

"So...how long have you been in your guild?" She asked. Her voice quiet and almost melodic. I could almost find myself smiling just listening to her, but I didn't. I wasn't going to let my guard down just yet. Not till I knew her better. 

"Since I was seven." I didn't mind telling her that part. She went quiet after that. I could hear the small brush of her twiddling her thumbs. It was obvious that she was nervous following after us, but there wasn't much that I could do about that though. 

"Th...thank you for what you did back there by the way. I know it was most likely by accident, but still. Thank you." She stuttered slightly. I chuckled quietly to myself. 

"Yep." I wasn't going to attempt to keep the conversation going. For the rest of the walk to Magnolia I just enjoyed the peace and quiet. Once we got to town though was when Happy woke up with a large yawn asking me if we were there yet. I gave him a curt nod and he sprung up with a cheer.

"What guild are you guys in anyway?" The blonde girl asked. We hadn't remembered to ask her name yet, but I was sure that we would most likely find out soon anyway. Happy told her the answer and the look on her face when I looked at her was one of amazement. I tilted my head at her slightly in confusion. Why would she be so excited about it? 

She didn't give an answer to my silent question though, but as we got closer to the guild I noticed more of a pep in her step. She seemed so excited.

We opened the door as we always did and it gave a bang as the doors hit the wall. "We're home." I mumbled out to everyone. I didn't really care what they thought, but they were the closest thing that Happy and I had to family. So, we all took care of each other. The guild members replied as they always did. That was until one of them decided to pipe up with something stupid as he walked over to me, acting like he was going to sling his arm around my shoulder.

"I heard you almost killed someone Chaos. What's that about?" I couldn't quite remember his name, but the fact that he said that made my blood almost boil. I punched him away and he went flying across the guild hall. Landing on top of a table breaking it almost in half. 

The girl that had followed Happy and I in moved closer to me. She was almost holding on to me, but she wasn't touching me so it didn't bother me. The guild erupted into a fight after that. Gray came over to me trying to start a fight, but once he got closer the girl grabbed onto me. Her entire body was shaking now. It was something that I had never felt before. Like my dragon was trying to protect her. I immediately shoved Gray back and he landed on his ass.

"This is why I can't date any of the men around here. They have no class." Cana said as she started chugging her barrel of alcohol. Elfmen started shouting about how if anyone was going to win a fight in the guild then they had to be a real man. Loke was chilling out in a corner with two ladies till he tried to join the fight, but was knocked out in one hit. 

"That's enough you guys. I can't drink with all this noise." Cana proclaimed. Just like that everyone started to brand their magic. Cana lighting up her cards, Elfman using his takeover on his arm, Loke twisting his ring, and I lit up my hand creating a circle of fire around the girl and I. I could feel that my jacket was getting wet from what I assumed where her tears. 

"That's enough you brats!" Makarov called out. Slowly everyone lowered their magic. Including myself, but the girl still didn't let go. She was continuing to shake and cry softly as she held on to me. I almost felt bad for her. 

Mira walked over to the two of us. "And who might....oh my. Looks like she's overwhelmed. Why don't you guide her to the bar Natsu and I'll make her something." I gave her a curt nod, because even if I didn't want to this girl wasn't letting go. Happy came over and finally told me her name was Lucy. I sighed and just picked her up and walked over to the bar. Sitting down there with her in my lap. She kept her face buried in my chest. Happy landing beside us.

It took almost an hour for her to finally calm down enough that she stopped crying. I picked up the milkshake that Mira had made and placed it into her hands. "Drink." I told her quietly. She did as she was told and slowly drank the milkshake. From the corner of my eye I could see Mira looking at the two of us curiously. Master was as well. I sighed knowing what the two of them were thinking. 

I finally picked her up off my lap seeing that she seemed to be ok and placed her in the seat next to mine. She didn't really react to it except continuing to drink her milkshake. Once she was finished she looked up and looked around curious. Like she couldn't quiet remember what happened. Mira walked over to her and introduced herself and I tuned out of their conversation getting up and going over to the mission board just to look. Happy and I would need food money soon.

Eventually she came over to me. "Hey. Look I got my guild mark Natsu!" She said with happiness in her voice. That was a much better tone of voice for her in my opinion. She seemed like the type of person who would always be smiling. I looked over my shoulder and looked at her.

She had her arm outstretched as she showed me the back of her hand that had a pink fairy tail mark on it. I did my best not to smile, "That's great Luigi." 

She pouted slightly, but walked over closer to me curious as to what I had been looking at. I scratched the back of my neck and continued to look at the board. 

----------

That's chapter 2! What did you guys think?