𝐬𝐢𝐱 » 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Soul chuckled as she watched the children swim around the sunken ship. It reminded her a lot of herself. When she left Talokan she would always hangout at a sunken ship and talk to the sea animals by herself. Her heart broke for all the little kids who lost their life because of the selfish surface people.

As she watched the children swim around she still couldn't help but feel different from them. Her tail had bright beautiful colors and theirs were dark colors of blue, purple, and black. Their skin wasn't like hers, as they had more grey-ish skin with black hair. None of them had the power of having legs either. She got that from her mother who had been gifted with having legs when she was born. It was only a rare occasion it happened. Only sirens guaranteed to lead would be gifted with such powers.

"You're Soulina, right?" A male voice spoke in Aquan and Soulina turned to her right to see who spoke. A boy, who appeared the same age as her had offered a smile, his hand stuck out for her to shake. "Yes, that's me." Soulina smiled softly as she shook his hand.

"I'm Lucien, I've heard a lot about you. Your mother never stops talking about you." He said. Soul chuckled, "It's nice to meet you, Lucien. Do you speak English?" Soul asked. She didn't speak Aquan often as it reminded her of her mother. Aquan was the language of the sirens so it always reminded her of what she used to have.

"I can't speak a lot but I do understand it to a certain point. I'm still trying to learn. What languages can you speak?" Lucien asked, following Soulina as she swam down towards the ship since the children were beginning to leave. "I can speak at least six languages and I understand seven. I speak English, Spanish, Xhosa, Aquan, French and Yucatec Mayan. And I can understand Greek to a certain level." Soulina explained, swimming through the broken window and he followed.

"Wow, that's impressive. Who taught you?" He asked, admiring her graceful movements.

Soulina sat on the edge of the table in the sunken ship and leaned her hands on it. "I actually taught myself. After years of being trapped in the same city, you tend to get bored and read. But when I was born I could only speak Mayan and Aquan from my mother and fathers genes." Soul explained. She never got to talk to anyone her age often so she was really enjoying how he was actually paying attention to what she was saying. Most people brushed it off and talked about themselves.