Chapter 3

As we drove, I admired all the nice houses and then we passed my old school and it drove me into a flashback....

The hazy grass grew long and it was on a hill. The cool wind stuck to my damp face as I rolled down the hill next to Jaden. We were 6years old and we just started 1st grade a month ago. We were at the old park next to our school and we went to the park with Dakota and Saki.

"Hey look! The swings!" Saki chanted as we stood up to run to the open swings. There was only 2 swings open so instead of taking turns, I sat on Jaden's lap. Then Saki did the same.

The slowing of the car motor took me out of my flashback and into reality.

When I walked in, it felt as if something fell over me. It felt heavy and thick rose up in my throat. I stumbled over my foot as I looked back. 'Clumsy me' I thought to myself.

"You ok Anna?" Jaden asked.

"Oh I'm fine..." I lied. I fixed my posture and walked forward. It was the same old house I had lived in throughout my whole life, but why do I feel as if I'm in a whole new world. I was wanting to stay by Jaden's side but my feet had a mind of their own as they swept me upstairs and down the long, familiar hallway.

I walked past my parent's room and then something caught my eye. A black rose was just laying on the dresser with a note attached.

'U (L • W) - A + 2 + L8'

I stood there in shock thinking what this could have meant or when it was brought here. I twirled the note with my fingers and then set it down gently on the bed. I started to think of the possible codes for it. '

U might stand for you....then (L • W) would be... Length times width.... What would that mean? Well it would find Area.... Minus A... Rea? No... Are! Ok so You Are.....2- Too.... Too what? L8, Late! You are too late?' "Jaden come and see this!" I called.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure in the door way, I turned my body to face Jaden but instead it was pure evil. I watched too many paranormal shows too even think good thoughts too my self. I had always been gullible. It wasn't even a figure. It was like black mist. Paralyzed, I couldn't speak only I stood in shock as it crept its way to the bed. I inched my way to the balcony door, my whole body filled with fear, heart beating, mind racing, not knowing what to do, I slid the door open and crept outside in the nick of time I swung the door shut and in the distance I could hear Jaden's voice calling me and I saw him enter the room like figure wasn't even there. My heart beat faster, my body froze as I hit my back on the metal railing...

Cold icy hands grabbed my wrists and a shiver went down my spine...I knew I was dead......I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead.....

Everything dropped, the fear the icy hands the misty figure, everything was gone....

I raced down stairs hoping to find Jaden. Still frightened from the sudden incident, I was breathing heavily.

"Jaden?!" I yelled. I paced back and forth not knowing what to do. I walked outside and nobody was there. Just empty. I didn't see any cars or lights on in any houses. I turned on my heals to walk back inside 'my house' and then the door slammed shut. My heart racing and my now damp face sweaty.

A/N sorry for the long wait, it was the end of the quarter and grades were due, tests were given out and STAR testing is coming up. Also my all time fav. Teacher had to leave. So so sorry.

Also I want at least 25 reads, 10 comments and 10 votes then I'll update. Thanks. Comment what needs improvement.