𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗮[𝗻]: 𝟱

leslie; may 14 1986 (10:55 PM)

*yawn* my watch says it's 10:55, and it's way too dark outside.

did this train take forever? is this one mile per hour?? per day?? i'm so fucked. how am i going to go to my uncles house right now??

*ladies and gentlemen, we have stopped to hawkins. hawkins, indiana. please walk safely when you exit the train*

thank the lord i didn't have to wait longer.

when i get out of the train i can barely see anything. it's pitch dark.

the same "sociopath" gets out of the same stop as me and i'm a bit freaked out. good thing he wasn't like 60 or something. he looks like my age, maybe a bit older

i ask people near me where i can find transportation. honestly i'm in need of anything other than sleeping in the train station. then i hear a quiet husky voice

"uh.. hi excuse me?"

•••

aaron leveren; may 14 1986 (11PM)

"uh.. hi excuse me?"

she stares at me for five seconds and doesn't respond. is she scared or is she judging me?

"hello."

okay this is weird.

"sorry i don't mean to intrude. i just wanted to know where you're headed. i actually came here without finding or knowing anythin-"

"stop."

i freeze. i'll have to admit, this girl freaks me out.

"you want to know where i am headed? and why should i tell you?"

jesus christ shes feisty

" i'm actually trying to find my uncle because he apparently lives here- well my grandma just died from pneumoni-

"i'm actually trying to get to my uncle too"

"oh what a coincidence!"

"except i came here planning everything."

"well you can't say you 'planned' everything when it seems like you're in need of help"

he smirks, she slightly laughs

"yeah i just don't have transportation. i don't know how to get to his house."

"well.. i brought my bike. but two people can't ride it."

"two people? can't i just borrow it and give it back?"

"sorry, but i don't trust people that easy. if you need transportation, we could walk using my bike flashlight."

she thinks for a minute

"all right.. i guess that can work.. where are you going to be?"

"i honestly don't know yet. does your uncle mind if i stay at his house for a few hours? maybe to get a quick nap"

"i just met you. i don't know you."

"yeah but i just met this city. i don't know anyone here. i'm bringing you to your uncle's house and you'll let me stay for a few hours until daytime. a favor for a favor. besides, you look more reliable than anyone here. you're what. 18?"

"uh huh"

"i was kidding, you don't look legal at all. you look like a freshman."

"well you don't look 18 yourself."

"okay but i break the law twice a day, look at me. i'm almost 18 in a few months."

"fine. but i'm leading the way, no questions, no more personal details, and if you kidnap me, i'll scream my lungs out"

*laugh* "don't worry i don't think kidnapping is on my bucket list anytime soon."

so they head to leslie's uncle's house.

•••

hawkins; may 14 1986 (7:30PM) before leslie and aaron arrived hawkins

murray: i am NOT going back to that hellhole.

nancy: what the hell happened?

erica: you better have seen something great because i do not need to spend my time with these madmen.

dustin: wow.

lucas: erica!

murray: i was splitting up with hopper and joyce to talk to police, but i guess leaving hopper with JOYCE *rolls eyes and scoffs* was not the best idea.

steve: so then what happened?

murray: some old lady started yelling say *mimicking* 'that's jim hopper! lord save me! the demon re-alived him!' and the police took him!!!

dustin: seriously what the hell? like who's gonna believe that.

robin: okay but did you see anything that could help us with this mind flamer?

dustin: FLAYER. mind flayer.

murray: after the "snow dust" from the upside down happened for a week, police said that there became 'holes in the dirt'

lucas: wait didn't that happen to hawkins farm on halloween?

mike: not only that but does everything stay in hawkins?

murray: WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME??! hello? do you not see that i need my VODKA!

dustin: this is just crazy. yet he raises an essential question. how far will these 'cracks' keep going? if the mind flayer wanted to 'take over the world,' why did it start with hawkins? what's so different about this place that the mind flayer targeted first?

mike: but we're going to have to prevent this from infecting out of town in hawkins.

nancy: wait dustin! you had those books from the library you got right? we need that, where is it?

dustin: so the thing is that i don't remember *high pitch voice crack*

murray: *casually says* i have them

(everyone looks at murray)

everyone in unison: what?

murray: what?! i get bored. i steal his fun foolish shenanigans from time to time and read them *smiles sarcastically*

erica: well go get the books? why are you just sitting there?

murray: well i'm not going outside, by myself, when i just almost got caught by the police

murray: lovebirds and tiny fellow (nancy and jonathan, dustin) are going with me because i'm not re-reading everything from those old books

dustin: what? do you not remember ANYTHING you read?

murray: excuse me, while i have TOO much to think about. i helped save all of your asses if it wasn't for my russian theory YEARS ago

•••

murray, dustin, nancy, and jonathan go to murray's house in sessser, illinois. it takes a one hour drive for them.