Falling In love..?

"Love seems like a hard thing for me,
but when I'm with you it feel like I'm doing a short cut for learning it. "
-mpb!(my pretty boy) George

"... THAT'S HOW HE DIES!? REALLY!? damn.. He can fight a whole ass mutant aliens but he can't fight a a HUMAN  who has the most useless power??? Pathetic really." the brunette says, disappointment plastered on his face. "George! We need more brownies!!" his Co-worker shouted "right! Brownies incoming!!!" he placed the book that he was currently reading on top of the counter and he rushed to the cabinet to get the ingredients he needs.

It's Sunday June 18, 2022, no school, no stress just a whole day of serving the cafe. The Cafe has comforting dark oak walls, vines and plants everywhere, calm but busy place, the Cafe is a perfect place to chat/hang out with your friends or do some work l as it's very calm but is chill enough to not be bored and fall asleep. The cafe is one of George's favorite place, especially to read books at! To the point that he literally works here just to have an excuse to stay at this place other than buying cup of coffee,

It also helps him master his baking skills, and earns little bit of money, so really it's a win-win-win for him. Other than the place itself that's cool his Co-workers are too! Badboyhalo or bad for short the nickname was given to him despite his lovely and kind personality, Callahan doesn't really speak much or.. At all. But he's still very understanding and a chill person, and purpled, he doesn't actually wanna be here at the first place but he needs the money, George and Purpled do both have the same interest on minecraft soo they still get along pretty well.

The smell of baked brownies lingers around the Cafe as well as different pastries and caffeine, George opened the oven and the smell of brownies strengthen. The brunette took the new baked brownies and placed it in a cluttered  counter that eventually bothered him a bit..

"damn it." he said as he took the dirty dishes and placed it in a tray, with some random trash that his co workers randomly placed. He groaned and placed the dirty dishes in the sink and started washing them. If there's one thing that he hates the most it's cluttered room or places.

"George! Someones looking for you!" bad called "tell them I'm washing the dishes!" the brunette says as he fastened to wash the dishes (if that's possible), "I can take care of that for now" bad peeked his head to the kitchen door, "are you sure bad?" he asked  "absolutely." Bad nodded, George thanked bad as he got out of the kitchen, the smell of brownies loosening the more he goes farther from the kitchen. He looked for anyone familiar who would've called him.

He then saw Karl (and his boyfriend whom still looking at his phone unfazed) waving at him at one of the tables and he walked towards them, "GEORGEE!!!" Karl called, "hello." Karl got up and hugged him while he just put his hands up awkwardly not knowing where to place it.

"long time no see!" Karl said excitedly, George looked at him confused, "... It's only need 2 days. I always see you in school" George said as Karl sat back down at the couch "yeah yeah whatever I still missed you." Karl said as George sat at the opposite of the table. "sure. Now why are you here?" George said awkwardly he didn't mean to sound 'mean' but he just doesn't know.. How to.."oh.. that sounds a bit meaner than Intended"

"nahh it's fine. But I just wanted to tell you there's going to be a new kid this Monday" Karl said excitedly while George looked puzzled "and..?" George asked genuinely, Karl just looked at him unimpressed. "George. I heard he's cutee" Kar teased. "Karl you know full well that I'm not interested in having relationships right now. And if I'm gonna be honest I dont think I'll ever will." George said looking everywhere but his friend.

He knows his friend means well but he just never felt the need to do such things right now, especially that he wanted to focus on his studies for now as he still have big ambitions for his himself in the future.

"oh cmon now George we all know that's not true someday you'll find someone who you'll instantly felt connected to and eventually love them. You can't control the feeling, so you just need to learn and accept it." Karl explains calmly but internally feeling worried about his friend. "like depression" George whispered. "what.

"Look. If your going to give me another lecture... again about these kind of stuff that BTW I can understand different math equations better that those, then I have to go as I still have work to do." the brunette said as he aggressively stood up pushing the table a bit (poor table :'[ ) and walked off." hell understand it someday.. I hope.." Karls boyfriend suddenly spoke." I really hope he does sap.."

.:__________:.
*SLAM!*

George slammed the door furiously. "oh hey George.. What happened?" Bad asked as he put away the milk that he's holding. He seems to be making a latte until George arrived. "nothing, bad." "are you sure though? Cause it doesn't seem like it."

"Its just that.. I don't get how some people can commit such things that might affect them a lifetime! Like, if it didn't work out on them then they broke up isn't it going to affect them mentally! And even worse! They might get depressed." George rambled

"... Uhm context please? " Bad didn't know what the heck his friend is talking about." George just rested his face on   the cold (but clean) marble counter and grumbled "love." George frowned, and from that word BAD understood it all now. "so your saying is that you don't understand how a person can be inlove, and even if it hurts them why do they still do it again?" Bad asked.  the fact that Bad can understand situations like it's written in the back of his head is very amusing. George just hummed in agreement

"well buddy.. Sometimes people just can't stop for them falling in love. They can't help it okay?.." Bad took a breath then continued. "but.. sometimes feel that love is scary and such.. So there's a label for that fear, Called Philophobia, orr there's Aromantic people too who feel little to know romantic attraction to anyone. But they still can and want to fall in love. I'm just saying maybe that might help you." bad explained.

He loves the fact that bad can understands and knows what to say in different kind of situations.*i really don't think that Im any of the stuff that bad explained but I do appreciate the comfort that the conversation gave me. * George thought to himself.

________

Hello!!! This is the first chapter of the first ever fanfic that I've planned out!

If your new here. Then hi! My name is Amy/Alex what ever you prefer, I'm non binary and I use they/them pronounce!

I would post a chapter every week depending on how busy I am :), though if I don't post a chapter in a week, then expect it to be late for a day or two :]

Other than that thank you for reading the first chapter of this story!

-Alex
[1264 words]