Chapter 2: Politics

After the council meeting, with everyone else dispersing to their offices, homes, and whatnot, Batman and Ice cream cone stood in one of the private restrooms, discussing the recent events, and trying to figure what to do with the new problems they'd just been faced with: being Lucy's argument to keep resisting the Axis.

As the caped crusader and cone were washing their hands, the thought of Lucy trying to stop them kept invading their heads, causing the two to get more agitated. After a few moments of silence, Batman spoke aloud, but in a normal voice so not a lot of people would hear him, except for Ice cream cone, that is.

"We need to find a way to get around Wyldstyle. I know her too good, or at least better than almost anyone. Her halfway plans are pretty dumb too. She always gives herself a pat on the back whenever she does something cool, and she likes fighting anytime she can." The masked hero voiced, getting a little more annoyed at each word coming out his mouth.

The agitation seemed to spread to Ice cream cone as well, thinking the King was right. "Then we might as well try to convince her Majesty, your Wife, who also happens to be the Leader of us all." He stated.

"I love Watevra," Batman started. "But she's making the wrong decision this time. She'd fall on her own weight, which can be a lot since she can shape shift."

"Don't you believe it, sir. She has that Politician's belief, thinking it is a 'talent'. She would always bounce back every time. Just look at the arrogance of General Sweet." Ice cream cone stated firmly, his voice sounding far more annoyed than ever. "We thought she would be finished, and now she is still somehow Commander of our fleet, and even a member of our Council. And to make things worse, she still has an opinion on everything!"

"I can't take it anymore either!" The man of Bat's started to yell a tad. "It was those dumb politicians that brought us here, and they still won't budge an inch. But that won't change anything, since we still need to be ready, Cone. Power always has a vacuum, and soon, we'll be able to snatch it with my Batarang." he said as a metaphor.

"And that is when we will finally put an end to this weak Democracy." The Advisor finished for Batman.

Afterwards, a few soldiers walked into the restroom, with Ice cream cone and Batman just looking around casually, as if they hadn't just said anything rude about their friends.

Meanwhile, in her new Office, Lucy had been putting on a new uniform she'd been given by Watevra. One of what a Politician would wear, which technically, she was now. After her new promotion to Secretary of Defense, Lucy now had the responsibility for meeting regularly with President Venizelos, President De Gaulle, and King Windsor: the Big Three of the Democratic Pact.

It was a relief to the Rebel, as she'd met with them several times in the past, and was still Venizelos' Daughter-in-law, so at least she'd feel relaxed. Speaking of which, why did she and Emmet feel the need to keep the Brickowski name if Emmet was actually a member of the Venizelos family? Well, perhaps that was just because that's who he is, and why Lucy married him. She wanted to marry the Emmet Brickowski she'd fallen for that fateful day at the construction site. Her sweet, innocent Emmet, gosh he was just so cute to her!

"Ah," Lucy thought. "Now's not the time for Romance. I love Emmet, but I'll see him in a bit. I have to focus on my job."

After finally getting the rest of her uniform on, minus her new General's Cap, Benny walked through into the Office, greeting his friend with much enthusiasm.

"Hey Wyldstyle! Oh- I mean, General! Congrats on the new job!" He said excitedly to the fellow Master-builder.

Lucy smiled at her friend, glad to see he was still almost as optimistic as Emmet, despite the bad times for the Kingdom at the moment. "Thanks Ben. Anyway, you need me to help with something?" She asked.