Chapter 2

Marcy's POV

Los Angeles, California. My dream place to live, and I am finally living that dream.

New people. New places to go. New maybe potential partner.

The traffic was rough until you get used to it.

I got bright and early to start the day. I have been exploring aspects of the city, trying to get accustomed with my new surrounding.

Then, I saw this small coffee shop that had a sign that said 'locally owned.'

That sounds interesting.

I pulled in to park, locking my car as I slammed the driver door shut.

"The Calamity Café," I read the name of the shop.

When I walked in, I was in awe. The place was beautiful with stringed lights and such. I twirled around, taking in the whole building. The beautiful green, pink, and blue string lights to compliment the inside of the building.

I looked up at the menu, not sure what to get because I usually hardly ever drink caffeine in general.

I must have been taking too long because the next thing I knew, I heard someone speak to me.

It was beautiful voice at its best. "Hi, welcome to The Calamity Cafe! If you have any questions about the menu, feel free to let me know."

When lowered my head to reply, I froze. The barista was a stunning blonde with brown roots growing out. She had gorgeous features like a strong jawline, a beauty mark under her left eye, a scar on the other cheek, and two different colored eyes: a bright ocean blue one and a chocolate brown one.

I anxiously pretended to rub the back side of my neck, only claiming. "I actually don't drink coffee very often." I slipped a fake laugh in the mix. "What do you recommend?"

The girl's expression lightened as she looked back and forth, trying to come up with something good. "Depends. Do you like maple and vanilla?"

That is only two of my favorite things in the world. Kinda intimidating that she got that from looking at me.

"Yeah!" I clenched my hands, almost jumping up and down with excitement.

"Alrighty," the girl smirked, pumping the flavors into a cup. "Would you like it iced or hot?" She wondered.

Is that even a question? Obviously iced! Calm down Marcy! Just because the queer community has taken affiliation to iced coffee drinkers, does not mean every one knows that! Plus, no stereotyping!

"Iced please." I blurted out, realizing I was arguing in my head again.

The blonde finished the coffee by popping a lid on it and adding a straw.

I hesitantly grabbed it, lifting it to my lips.

Oh my goddddddd!

"Sooooo?" She prompted me for an opinion.

"Mmmm!" I continued to guzzle it down."This is great," I checked her name tag for reassurance, "uh Sasha!"

She gave a warm smile that quickly turned into panic. "It was no problem, uh"

I snickered a little at how cute she seemed to be when she was nervous. "The name's Marcy, Marcy Wu." I realized I had yet to pay, "How much do I owe?"

Sasha stood, looking like she was almost thinking too hard. She finally remarked. "You know what? It is on the house."

"Oh no no no! I couldn't possibly not pay." I tried to pay, but Sasha consistently turned it down, waving her hand.

"I insist." She winked, beaming at me.

"Gee, thanks." I blushed a little, feeling the joy throughout my body.

I gave a small wave before leaving. I don't think either of the workers saw me leave, but that is okay.

I kept drinking more of my iced coffee. Despite it being a cold drink, I still felt a fuzzy feeling inside.

All I could think about was the pretty barista from the coffee shop.

I think that is gonna be one of my favorite places to go since I am living here in the city. That means I can see the lovely Sasha. I mean the wonderful scenery inside.

Get it together, Marcy! You can't just gawk at every pretty girl that is nice to you.

I drove back to my apartment, lost in my thoughts.

I jumped out of the car, taking the jet out of the ignition. I walked inside the apartment, petting my white cat, Mister Fluffy. "Hey little guy, you hungry?"

"Meowwww."

I laughed a bit, "I will take that as a yes." I opened up a fresh can of tuna for my boy. "There you go, bud!"

I headed for my home office. I usually work on my webcomic and art commissions in there.

I brought my coffee, or at least the remaining ice cubes, along with me as I flopped into my desk chair.

I drew on my iPad for as long as I possibly could, but I got so bored.

I moved back to my room, opening my phone.

Typical. No messages. It is the same old same old.

I let out a loud sigh, turning over and laying on my back. I stared at the ceiling for hours, hoping and praying for someone to come in my life as a friend or potential partner.

I ended up daydreaming, only thinking about one person.

Her. Her cute smile. Her intruging eyes. Her sweet gesture today. 

I shot up, my thoughts buzzing in my head. 

Oh my god, do I have a crush?! I just met her though! You can't know if you like someone by looking at them, can you?

I can't have another crush! No! Not after what happened last time I had one!

___________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed.

I'm excited to mess around and try to make this story better. This chapter had some potential to flip the story. :)

-Whit