Babysitting

A/N

I had too much fun writing this lol

thanks for the votes btw!!!

idk what to say

enjoy!!

----

During the whole arc of finding the piece of resistance, Lucy befriended another person who's mentor was also Vitruvious. Her name was Francine and she and Lucy got along really well.

The two kept in contact over the events of Emmet becoming the special, and during the beginning of the Apocalypse.

One of the first things Lucy learned about Francine was that she had a boyfriend, named Derek. Francine was slightly older then Lucy, and a few months before the piece of resistance was found, The couple got engaged. Lucy was happy for them, until she found out how it was going for Francine.

They really weren't happy together. Their love was a lie. Lucy helped Francine survive mentally through the divorce, which happened about a year and a half into the apocalypse. There was a problem though, A few weeks before she'd break up with him.

Derek got Francine pregnant.

And due to certain rules there weren't any legal ways to get out of the situation, so Francine decided to go along with the divorce, and the birth of her baby girl, Danielle (Dani for short.)

Francine worked a job where she'd be payed enough to get Danielle a daycare to go to, so she'd be able to work, though due to the war, you never knew when you could just wake up one morning and things could be broken.

This one particular day, 4 years into the war, the daycare that 3 and a half year old Dani was going to, had been attacked by Duplo, and Francine didn't have the money to pay for a proper babysitter to look after her child, so she went to her friend.

Lucy.

----

"I...sure...i can look after her. What time would you be able to pick her up?" Lucy asked.

"Around 8pm, sorry.. I'm working a long shift. I can try and make some dinner for her so I don't waste your food-"

"No, it's okay. You go to work, I'm sure this little girl won't be too hard to look after." Lucy said, looking down at the small girl. She smiled and then looked at Francine.

"Will you behave for Ms Lucy, Dani?" The mother asked

"Mhm!" The three year old exclaimed.

"Have fun!"

"Yup!"

Danielle ran into Lucy's apartment, that was when Francine leaned over to whisper in Lucy's ear.

"Hey, I know she looks like a angel, but she's really not. I'd recommend bringing over a friend to help look after her with you. Sorry in advance."

"Oh, I'm sure I can find someone, kids love me, I'll be fine. Bye Francine!" Lucy said, waving goodbye.

"Bye, Luce." She replied, walking out to her car, looking happy that she didn't have to deal with Danielle for a few hours.

---

Lucy texted Emmet asking if he wanted to help out. He said yes, only because it was an excuse to hang out with his girlfriend.

She heard a knock a few minutes later.

"Hey, Ems." She greeted.

"Hi Lucy! Where's the child!" He replied, handing her some coffee he got for her.