Chapter 4: Swimming with The Fishes.

"... Yu-!"

"Huh..?" Yugi slowly stirred as his eyes fluttered open. "Yugi!" Anzu would pull him into a hug. The young duelist would blush, returning the gesture. "You did it! You actually won!"

"Mm," he nodded, letting go of her as he sat up. Taking in his surroundings he immediately noticed he was in the hospital. The door would open as his eyes widened.

"Grandpa! You're okay!" Yugi exclaimed, attempting to leave his bed before failing miserably as Anzu caught him. Sugoroku chuckled, "I'm lively as ever."

Yugi chuckled in response, "Don't push yourself so hard next time huh?" Anzu pleaded as Yugi nodded. "I'll try."

The door would burst open again as Kurumu, Tsukune, and Moka filed in. "Hey! Get off him! He's my soulmate!" Kurumu yelled, pointing at Anzu.

Sugoroku chuckled, "Is she your girlfriend Yugi?" He asked, glancing at Kurumu before turning back to his grandson. The young duelist shook his head calmly.

"No."

"Agh! That's so mean!" Kurumu clutched her chest feigning pain.

"So... You're all monsters?" Anzu asked as Kurumu and Moka nodded hesitantly. Tsukune laughed and scratched the back of his head, "I'm just as human as Yugi is."

Anzu would bow, "Thank you for taking care of Yugi."

The duelist blushed, turning his head away. "Oh right, Yugi, I have some good news for you," Sugoroku interjected.

"It turns out that boy, Kaiba was behind your sabotaged scores. You can transfer to Domino High next year," he explained, smiling. Yugi's eyes widened as he turned to his grandpa.

He'd smile before glancing at his friends from Yokai, "That's..."

"If you go, I'm following Yugi," Tsukune threw a thumbs up his way. "Me too!" Moka said as Tsukune's brow raised in concern, turning to her. "But I thought-"

"I have friends now, it'll be different this time," Moka said, putting his worries to rest. Yugi glanced at the succubus for an answer.

"I can't have some human girl steal you away from me, so of course I'll go with you," Kurumu answered confidently. Yugi would close his eyes smiling, "Alright then, let's make our last year at Yokai count, okay?"

"Yeah!"

Anzu would smile, happy for her friend. He had found friends, as strange as they were. Yugi would be fine, she just knew it. It was just a year after all, how bad could it be?

"Oh right grandpa, here's your deck back," Yugi would reach into his pocket for the deck but stopped as he noticed the old man lift his hand. "It's yours Yugi, you earned it after that. Consider it a gift from me."

"Though, I'll be taking back Exodia. Those cards are some of my most prized possessions."

Yugi chuckled and nodded, sifting through the deck and handing the rare cards back to his grandfather.

The Next Day...

"To better adapt you to human society, you're all going to be joining a club. This isn't optional unfortunately," Okuda explained, passing out forms. "These are a list of clubs you can join."

"Anyway, class is dismissed, get out there and find a club," he said, handing Yugi the last form. With that, the classroom would begin to empty as Yugi left.

"Hey other me?"

No response, Yugi sighed, his other self must have been completely drained from yesterday's events. He'd look back down at the sheet filled to the brim with clubs he could join.