the gifting of the rich

*chapter removed from the published version, only lightly edited 

*takes place in part one of CC, before the B & C meet Tristan

The morning came around and yet again Bella found herself in Clara's bed again as the sun rose for yet another day on the island. After their boat ride home last night, Bella and her salty hair had convinced Clara that she was done with walking for the day, so they ordered room service and had an early night.

It was well prepared too for on their second day on the island, they decided to invite Elliot to go wedding gift shopping for Camille. They said in bed until the sun was high in the sky and their body adjusted to the time difference. After having a shower and getting dressed in coinsidentually co-ordinating colours, the girls lay back in bed and applied a light layer of makeup as they waited for a door bell to ring.

"Charles Brightly has announced his plans into developing his first ever boat engine after his daughter was rumoured to have travelled via a speed boat yesterday evening on her friendship get away." A woman through the phone spoke to Bella on video call- she was ready a news article.

Clara peeped her head out from the bathroom where she had just finished applying her lip gloss and spoke up. "Father's been researching into boats for years, it seems to be just serendipitous that we caught a ride back on one last night. We're on an island, I suppose he will release an airline next because that's the way we flew over here." She said as she slumped next to Bella to watch the phone too, it was Emily, one of the Richmond's publicists.

The woman laughed a little as Bella encouraged the woman to keep talking. "Then it's all wedding rumour's and a small arcticle on how you escaped to the island to escape the reality of your mother's worsening health," then she added, "of course false and now de-bunked."

Bella nodded and said her thanks to Emily, before ending the call and explaining to Clara that the call was insited by the company and although the time away from work was necessary- they needed to be updated with the tabloids. Clara hummed a response and then began to pack her bag for the day, she chose her new peach Valenta cross body that fit her money, phone and other small essentials in snuggly.

Before long, Bella threw some items into a Angelo backpack and was ready to go as they were greeted with Elliott's smile at the door.

"Ready to go?" They asked- French accent as thick as ever, holding the door open with their foot as the girls skipped out excitedly. "We're heading to another island today, they've got more luxury stores." Elliott explained as they made their way swiftly through the corridors and down the elevator.

"How are we getting there?" Bella asked as they strutted out onto the street. Clara noted Elliott heading in the direction of a car as Bella queried, the white vehicle having local license plates and a traditionally French looking driver in the front.

Elliott sighed as they all jumped into the car, the driver shooting off quickly, heading towards the other side of the island, "We are taking boat of course," Elliott explained, quirking her brow at Clara knowingly.

It seemed to be only a matter of minutes by the time the car reached the harbour. The girls smiled, watching the clear water as it was left bare due to lack of boats, the new day light allowed them to scan the port in more detail while Elliott led them toward their ride of the day. It was a slim black boat, one that stood out from the paint rippled wind boats that were left in the water. The speed boat had pulled up to the boardwalk and was clearly the most expensive on the water.

Hopping in effortlessly, Bella greeted the man in sunglasses and pulled the life jacket over her head reluctantly, throwing Clara a scrunch nose over her shoulder before slipping onto her seat. Clara jumped on next, introducing herself and also putting her life jacket on as she budged up next to Bella, bouncing herself on the rubber of the boat like an excited small child. Elliott sat down next, relaxing casually as the boat pulled away from the docked space by the boardwalk.