Chapter 1

"No smoking in the corridors" The teacher warned Hillary.

Hillary smirked looking at people watching her as she was getting scolded. You guessed it right, she was the bad girl of the uni and she loved every second of it.

"Someone woke up from the wrong side of bed, yeah?" She said, her cigar still in her mouth, balanced.

"Detention!"

It was just 2 weeks ago when she cut her hair into a pixie. She loved it, before she had red streaks in her mid length hair. Long beautiful locks was never her thing. As a matter of fact, nothing even close to girly was her jam.

Ever since she was a child, her elder brother was her idol. She wanted to look and act like him. She was basically raised by him without him knowing.

She had tattoos, piercings in her ears, nose pierced too but she gave up as it looked Gothic. Smoked cigarettes, alcohol, her brother's bike. She was a total tomboy and as she liked to proudly identify herself, "a bad influence".

As she came out from an hour long detention which cruelly felt like a whole day, she saw some Pinkie Pie looking girls whisper about her. She rolled her eyes moving forward but it stab her a little.

Yes, she wanted to be unique and express herself freely but a part of her knew she was overdoing it just to look cool under the influence. She knew she could never get guys like these other pretty girls. She was a case let loose from a boys' hostel. And because of her hate for anything girl-like, her acting as a rebel for attention was the defense mechanism against her insecurities.

She walked into the class and for 2 seconds, her eyes locked with Sarina, the class prez who was always surrounded by people. Her face changed with an expression of annoyance and she walked right passed her to the empty last bench.

"Yo Hel" Eric gave the laziest greeting to Hillary.

She didn't like her name as it was, in her language "un-cool" so her friends and family had been calling her "Hel" since her awaking and she found it really cool as it sounded like "Hell". Pretty silly if you think of it now, but everyone is just used to it.

Eric was her best friend but more like a twin brother. Partner in her crimes and also the other male influence after her brother. Not to mention, the laziest person one had met in their entire life.

Eric goes back to sleeping, head down. Hillary stares at Sarina charmingly smiling and laughing as people talk with her. Out of all the people she hated, Sarina was her top list. It was a silly thing, and she knew she was being petty but she couldn't help it.

Sarina was the most beautiful girl in her class and almost the whole college. She was taller than most girls, slim model like structure yet athletic looking, fair skined but not too light, good facial bone structure and naturally arched eyebrows, captivating hazel green eyes with long lashes, her famous dimple smile and beautiful long healthy wavy light-brown hair. Sum up to one sentence, God have favorites.

She felt jealous and insecure of her. Of her beauty, her grace. She was the queen of hearts yet she didn't seem to accept love letters from anyone. Who the fuck she think she is?

But Hel knew better. It was not just her excellent physical features. She was beautiful inside-out. People liked her. She had such a charming personality, people praised her even behind her back. She was elegant and everyone looked up to her for help. She was a great leader too and treated everyone kindly. She was perfect.

Sometimes Hel wondered was it because she was insecure? But she knew it wasn't just that. She saw the Male Greek God version of her, Noel, try to flirt with her which she would politely dodge. She hated that, the chocolate boy, whom the whole female population of her college was head-over-heels for, was the same for this single girl.

Hel clenched her bag straps in anger which she still didn't remove over her shoulders. He was her crush. And she didn't like how he would give attention only to her. Yes this bitch whom she hated to the core.

She knew if the prettiest of prettiest girls didn't have a chance with him, she was nowhere in the scene. She imagined how it would be like if these people come to know, it will be the most humiliating thing as they would probably laugh their asses off.

She was slightly tanner then the rest, and she believed that was her only plus point. Otherwise, she was pretty plain. Well, not everyone has hazel green eyes and good height. Her hair were darkest brown, a small face, not interesting looking and short. She knew Sarina wore makeup and if she did too then also she may not look like her, but at least a little more presentable. But she hated makeup and sometimes she would look at Noel and think "Nah, fuck it. As if he would".

She had enough of staring in between Sarina and Noel, she rolled her eyes meaning to leave the class. Professor was absent and there was no point sitting in anyways. Also, she was in desperate need of a smoke and she couldn't risk another boring detention of doing nothing but staring at a wall because of some random geeky chick of her class complained.

Hillary noticed Noel had went back to his seat. She stands before Sarina now as she is standing in the doorway with her close friend Ethra.

"Hi" Sarina says to her with a welcoming smile. Hel doesn't answer but rather then just walking away, she stands there looking at her face disinterested.

"Why are you leaving? I believe you entered just a few minutes ago?" Sarina asks still enthusiastic trying to initiate a small-talk, how she does to everyone.

"I want to smoke" Hillary answers in a cold tone. She doesn't wait for her answer and walks out. From inside she feels very proud to reject her, Miss.Popular, Sarina Jones.