Chapter XXIX ~ The End?

A/N: Some of the information in this is not canon but predictions for the next season bht im trying to be vague so that i won't have to change much when season 2 does come out and i can resume this fic, anyways it's not canon at all so don't take it to heart, lyy

It had been months since the incident with Crackstone and all of that drama. A lot of people had found out about Bea, though for the most part everything was kept under wraps. The girl was almost expelled, though the recent administration allowed for her to remain at school so long as she checked in weekly with nurse on campus.

It had also been months since Tyler, the last time Bea had seen him was that night. She'd heard that he'd broken out of the vehicle that was supposed to transport him to a nearby facility. That meant he could still be out there, somewhere, the very fact was very unsettling to Bea. Every time she dwelled on the matter she was left with an intense emptiness and she began to tear up. It wasn't fair what had happened, and everyone always said how lucky the girl was to have ended things with Galpin.

Bea was grateful for one thing, that was the Sheriff. Their relationship had improved quite a lot, though it was distant and cordial, the two had a sort of deeper understanding for Tyler, one that could not be mentioned to sensitive ears because it would be considered absurd. Both the Sheriff and Bea believed that Tyler could be saved somehow, people just had to have a little faith.

The girl was working part time at the Weathervane as well, Enid was saddened that she couldn't receive discounts, but always smiled when seeing her friend behind the counter. Bea knew Weems would have been glad to see an outcast working there, and how it was mending relations between the peoples (slowly). 

Life at Nevermore felt sort of different after the event, the school felt off from day one of the first term. Luckily everyone kept the same dorm rooms, that meant the infamous trio was together once again. One thing that hadn't changed was Wednesday Addams, she was just as determined as ever to the mysteries of her life, the newest one being a stalker. She'd narrowed it down to a few people, ultimately ruling out Tyler and Xavier. 

Speaking of the devil, Bea was currently in art club, though as per usual the room was vacant, leaving only the pair inside.

"I can't believe you still defend him." Xavier scoffed, somehow their conversation had traveled to the topic of Tyler Galpin and how great their relationship had been. Xavier would never understand how Bea felt, and what she knew about him, he didn't have the perspective that she had, he didn't what it felt like to be controlled, enslaved, tormented physically and mentally. He recognized the lack of understanding, but like any person, was still ignorant.

"Thornhill literally chained him in a cave and tortured him, and let's not forget the strange terms of endearment. She manipulated the fact that he had no mother figure, it's just cruel." Bea stated, she didn't want argue furthermore on the matter because it was simply going nowhere. Xavier had made up his mind and so had Bea, and neither of them were willing to meet in the middle.

"Okay, but what if what he said to you that night was true. He said he enjoyed killing people. You can't ignore that red flag." Xavier protested, he had his hands in his pockets as he rested against one of the tall countertops, he kept having to flip his head to keep the hair out of his face.

"There's no certainty that he really meant that." Bea muttered.

"I just don't get why you're hung up on someone in the past. There are people here, at Nevermore, who actively care about you and love you. Tyler can't give you that." Xavier said, there was a lot of emotion put into that sentence, and hidden meanings. Was the boy already falling for Bea? He was a major help in getting people to accept her after everyone found out she was a Hyde, plus he'd been there for some of the most difficult parts of her relationship with Tyler. There was no denying that the two of them were incredibly close, it was just a matter of who was going to make the first move.