Chapter 5

~Lydia's P.O.V~

I shifted in my bed for what seemed like the billion time this night. I barely closed my eyes and got time to sleep. Last night was hard and stressful. After Marcus leaving my room, I didn't see him again. That was good enough to me. When I glanced at the clock hanging on the room's wall and saw that it was late, I decided to try and sleep, maybe I can forget the whole incident.

But that wasn't as easy as said.

I struggled a lot last night. I had difficulties in sleeping, and when I did, I woke up again at 3 in the morning, and couldn't go back to sleep anymore. I stayed up all night. And the worst part, was the tossing and turning. I ended up facing the drawing on the wall, admiring it.

Watching it gave me two different feelings; It showed me that he did mean it when he said that he could draw. He really was talented. The way he chose the colors, the way the letters were written, this graffiti way. I didn't know much about art and drawing, but I was sure that this thing in front of me was something to admire for sure.

On the other hand, every time I glance at it, I get angry or even feel hopeless. The people who like to keep everything clean to the ultimate, would be groaning at the sight of the grimy wall. But that wasn't what bothered me at all. I felt like Marcus was challenging me somehow. He was acting in a bother-me-and-see-what-happens way. I was never fond of challenges, I liked everything to go in the easiest way. But now, it was not me who could control my needs. I wanted to show him that he couldn't beat me, but I knew I'd lose.

I sighed as I lifted myself up to get myself ready for college. I yawned and sprung the door's handle.

It didn't open.

I frowned and tried again. It didn't work, too. I kept trying until I realized that there was no hope. I panicked. I was gonna be late! It was definitely him! Was he pulling up pranks on me?! It wasn't the convenient time for them!

I started banging on the door. He better open that door, before I lose my fucking mind! "Marcus! Open the door!" I yelled.

I heard footsteps getting louder and louder until I felt him right behind the door. I assumed he had his ear on the door, so I banged on it, hoping I hurt him it something. I heard him groaning a bit.

"What do you want?" He asked. Wasn't it obvious?!

"I want you to open the door so I can get ready to go." I replied calmly.

"Someone doesn't like to be late for college." He said.

"Yes, I don't like being late." I stated. I wanted this talking to end. I didn't want to talk to him.

"Well, it's not important now. If you only told me, like-" He trailed off then said, "three hours ago, I would've opened that door." What?

"What do you mean 'three hours ago'?" I asked confused.

"I mean, it's 11:30 now. It's late to go now, you wouldn't make it anyway." He replied coolly. What?!

"But- How?!" I ran to my bedside table and searched for my alarm. It was gone! He took it last night! "You took my alarm so I don't wake up!" I cried. I breathed, "Open the door. Now." I needed to get out of the room. And away from him. I couldn't stand seeing him at all. He really was playing around!

"No. You're staying in there for the rest of the day." He said. I covered my face with my hands.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice came out so low that I thought he didn't hear my question.

"Am I giving you enough space now?" He replied with another question.

He was referring to what I said last night. When we were both in my room, talking about the drawing. I did ask him for space, but not that kind of one.