Chapter 13

~Lydia's P.O.V~

"Hey you! Open up this door right now. You're not staying in here all the weekend, are you?" The sound of banging and the doorknob jerking, trying to break down the door, wake me.

I sit up quickly, panicking for a second before my mind adjusts to the current situation. I'm not avoiding getting out of the room. I'm just trying to sleep the whole day so I can manage to survive through it. And those are two different things.

I remove the pillow from underneath my head, to place it on it, blocking my ears from the pounding.

"I swear, if you don't open this door right now, I won't hesitate to break it." He threatens, his voice low due to the pillow covering my ears. I groan as I drag myself out of bed. Once I unlock the door and open it wide, a gag is heard. Coming out from Marcus's mouth.

"What the hell is that? Do you always look this unattractive when you wake up?" He exclaims and I feel hurt. Those words really do hurt. Like knives stabbing hurt. I stay silent, waiting for him to pelt me with another rude comments.

"Well?" He asks waiting for me to answer. I can't believe he actually wants an answer. From me. So if he's expecting me to nod or deny, he's not getting any of it.

Who wakes up looking perfect anyway?

He does. My subconscious says, and I mentally choke as I scold myself for thinking of such a thing. When did this start happening anyway? Since you kissed him.

"Cat got your tongue?" He huffs impatiently and I fiddle with my fingers while trying to come up with an answer.

"No . . . I don't." I mumbled.

"Sure." He said. "Now make me breakfast, I'm starving."

My jaw drops and I watch him as he makes his way to the living room.

"What kind of sick game are you playing here?" I hear myself ask, and see him coming to a halt and spinning around to face me. He seems taken aback by my question.

"What did you just say?" He asks.

I mentally curse myself for asking that. What's wrong with me?! But there's no turning back now.

"Why are you acting like this? Like you don't care and casually talking to me!"

He raises his eyebrows at my question. What? I have the right to ask, too. "Isn't that how I always am when you're around?"

"Yes . . . well, no . . . I mean, this is different." I stammer.

I hate myself for getting myself into this.

"Different? How so?"

"Last night . . . you . . . and me, we, um, had an intimate moment," I say with a low voice. A very low voice. I doubt he even heard me.

"Oh," he smirks at me, "you mean the kiss?" He finds this amusing. Goddamn him!

I nod which earns me a dry chuckle.

"It was nothing. Now make me breakfast."

My eyes widen. Nothing? So he can go around kissing girls and just act like it didn't happen? Well, that's not gonna happen.

"What do you mean nothing? You kissed me while you were close to pass out from being drunk and you know that I have a boyfriend. You made me cheat on him!"

He scoffs and opens his mouth to enlighten me with his dumb explanations, "First, I wasn't drunk. Second, quit bringing up your boyfriend into everything; I drank water, my boyfriend will be upset. I slept, what will my boyfriend think of me. I kissed a guy whom knows I have a boyfriend." He mocks and I watch him with narrowed eyes. I do not sound like that, and I definitely don't say that. "Third, shut the hell up and don't blame me, you liked it anyway." He shrugs.

What? "That's not true! I didn't like it at all." I state.

"Oh, say that to the moans that you let out against my lips. And the way you played with my hair as I bit on your lip and touched almost every inch of your body. Didn't know you had it in you." He smirks.

How the hell does he remember the details?! He looked completely drunk to me, but he denied it now.

"What was wrong with you if you weren't drunk?" I asked, trying to change the subject and be the one in charge of the asking.

"I was high." He shrugged again, "Smoked some pot."

What the actual fuck?! He was high?! There are drugs in my house?! So the sniffling and all the sounds that I have heard yesterday were him using some drugs? Oh, how I wish they were crying.

"What? I'm surprised that you're surprised." He's expecting to already expect him doing this kind of thing?

"Why do you do this?" I asked him.

"They feel so damn good." He simply answers.

"What happened to you in the past?" I surprise both of us by asking this question.

"None of your concern." He replied harshly.

"You're living in my house, ordering me around, preventing me from talking to other people. You're hiding your past. You're avoiding it." I say bravely.

"No, no I'm not." When I saw how his eyes were filled of emotions, I took this as a chance to persuade him more.

"Yes, you are." I keep going. " You act rudely because you don't want to show me who you really are. You think by acting this way, you'll become the stronger here."

"I am the stronger here!" He roars.

"You pretend to be when on the inside you're crushing and hurting. It feels bad, doesn't it? Having to deal with all those bullshit on your chest. Having no one, completely no one, to talk to. No friends, no date . . ." I trail off, "no family."

Once I mention his family, his eyes turn into two wide O's. Katching.

"Don't bring up my family ever again." He warns, but I don't care, I just guessed the reason behind his rude self.

"So it is family?" I push him. "What, does your dad drink all night and comes back late? Or is it your mom, maybe not able to take care of you? Or it can be something else . . . something worse."

He tightens his fists and glares at me, if looks can kill, I'd be dead by now. But he wouldn't hurt me, I know he wouldn't, because I'm pushing him down and down, and now, he's weak to me.

"Stop talking about my family! You know nothing! You don't have the right to judge or even ask me those questions!"

"You have the power to shut me up, yet you're not making any attempt on doing it. Why? Did I hit a nerve?" For the first time since the first day he came here, I actually smirk at him.

"You don't know me . . . Get out of my face." He mumbled.

"Why? Did I-"

My sentence is cut off with a strong hit across my cheek. It's hard that my neck spins to the side. My eyes widen as my hand comes up to cover my now red cheek. I feel tears brimming at the corners of my eyes as I look at him with horror. He smacked me. And it hurts. I can't stop the tears from falling. I can't control myself.

He looks away immediately and breathes heavily as he points to my room.

"I said get the hell out of my face!" He says much more louder this time and I oblige. Once I'm in, I cry even harder, the only thing on my mind is he hit me.

-A.N-

So now we know that it has to do with his family. I can't wait for Jana to write the whole plot twist but I don't think it will be in the next few chapters!

I have another joke. Ehehhehe.

? What do you call a bee that's having a bad hair day ?

☻ A FRISBEE ☻

Hahahhahahaha i know you guys love meh

Bai

-Lydia Xx