하나; NIGHT FLOWER [1]

I was no one special.

I was just an average being going about my average life, doing average things that would be common for me. Yes, I had wished for a bit of excitement in my life every now and then but-

But this...- This was too much...

Heck, it was too soon, too sudden; oh so very early for me who hadn't even achieved my dreams of freedom and traveling or even experienced my first kiss. I had spent a life dictated by upholding my academic reputation that I hardly had time for a social life. I didn't want to die yet, much less before my aunt who looked over at me with panicked, bloodshot eyes only able to watch as the blood soaked my forehead and never ceased its trickling pace.

We had crashed and I thanked whoever was up there for their grace in sparing her life. I fought back a painful chuckle.

Even in death, I was protecting others.

But it was to be expected. She had a family and a household to run. I, however, had only a younger brother in name that I was sure was in safe hands with our grandmother, who despised me but loved him. It pained me when I thought that I would never be hugged by him again or feel his spittle-coated kisses against my cheek.

Suddenly I felt contractions hit me. So it seemed that my heart would be the one to end me instead of my injuries from the crash. 

They were right.