⭒ trans!josuke x transmasc!reader ⭒

A/N: eee i'm nervous about posting my first one of these but . anyway. enjoy??? i've never written in 2nd person pov before lmfao. also i'm aromantic so watch me write romance super weird

prepare for cringe mwahahahahaha

basically you are a non-passing, kinda shy transguy and josuke passes really well and you become t4t boyfriends :)  its set during part 4, but the timeline is a little different (it's implied they beat kira sooner but it doesn't have much to do with the story lol)

also i use y/n a lot but not any of the other ones like h/c or whatever

tw // bullying, deadnaming, low self-esteem/depression

It was right after class. Right after you were deadnamed in front of everybody by that damn substitute teacher. The way the kids reacted when you corrected her made you uncomfortable. They didn't say anything blatantly transphobic, at least not yet, but you could tell some of them were stifling a laugh. They knew, of course, you didn't exactly pass, but they made sure you knew it every single day.

"Y/N," Josuke said from behind you, with a softness that you were not accustomed to. "...are you okay?"

You and Josuke were friends. Not close, but he ate lunch with you sometimes and beat up transphobes for you. He did not let that shit slide. You turned to him.

"Not really, no," you said. "Used to it, though."

"You shouldn't be," Josuke said, more confident. He leant down a bit and put his hand on your shoulder. The way his eyes met yours, almost level, it made you feel funny. He was always so expressive, like an open book. But he wasn't then. He was unreadable and confusing, and you had to look away. "You're so brave. A lot braver than me."

You didn't quite know what he meant by that.

"Anyway," he said, removing the hand from your shoulder and standing up straight. "Wanna hang with the rest of the guys? We're just going to play video games and stuff at Koichi's. No pressure."

"No, thank you, I have a shit ton homework," you say, kind of pissed at yourself and school itself. If only you were a worse student.

Josuke's voice dropped a little. "Oh. Alright."

You gave him a weak smile. "Next time?"

He nodded and left you to go to his next class. You realized he had made you a little late and rushed away.

⭒⭒⭒

"Can I walk you the rest of the way home?" Josuke asked. He usually walked you at least part of the way back to your house on the days he did go to school. He had been going less frequently.

You were worried about him.

"Sure," you said. It was just you two today. You had been talking about Street Fighter, but conversation slowly dwindled. You had been silent for a few minutes now, just staring at the ground while walking, but you could feel his eyes on you. Those intense blue eyes.

You looked up at him, and he looked away. You could see pink spread across his cheeks, and glanced away as well.

"Uh," Josuke said, pensive. "I actually... had something I wanted to tell you?"

Oh? You didn't want to assume, but, holy fuck? Did he actually like you like that? "Hm?"

"I'm transgender."