Chapter 1: Start of an End

Nagising ako sa panaginip ko. It's about daion again. Luminga-linga ako sa paligid ko. Nandito ako sa resort namin, may business kasi silang aayusin dito sa manila. About sa family ng side ni mommy.

Alam kong nababangabag si mommy nang iwan nila ako kay aling peih, one of our maids, she used to take care of me when I was a kid pero nalipat sya rito sa manila para imanage yung vacation house namin dito.

"Bye mom,"
I stop at the front of our door.

I was looking at her through the entire time we were walking down the stairs. Her face cannot be interpreted but I know she was feeling guilty. To be honest, I don't really care about my mom's side family not liking me. Pero syempre It's my mom family, and I know mom find it alarming in  exaggerated way.

My mom's side of the family was originally Japanese, mom's a half-japanese. But they were seperated when they were kid, because their parents divorced. Nalala ko when mom said that her siblings, tita carry, at tito manuel has adapted Islamic religion in turkey. In which they don't tolerate adopting a child, and accepting it as a part of the family. And, dahil nag stay sa pilipinas si mom, she's remained catholic.

I'm an orphaned girl, my parents keep telling me that my real-parents loved me too. Alam kong ayaw lang nilang maramdaman ko na I was never loved until they found me. I want to believe that too, pero I can't help to seek of why I did end up in the orphanage if I was loved by my real-parents before?

My tita and titos. They don't like me, I get it. And I don't mind, really. Hindi ko naman sila masyadong nakikita, and I know there's nothing wrong with me, nor with them. It's their beliefs and I shouldn't say anything about it. But it bothers me because I know it bothers mom and dad.

"Babalik rin kami agad, tiang, okay?"

My mom is hesitant, I can sense it. I know how much she missed her siblings considering that they've been away for 5 years. Kaya kung iniisip nya na magstay rito para sakin, I won't make her do that.

"Yes, mom, ingat. Love you!"
I laughed slightly as I form my smile on my face.

It's been 3 days simula nang nakarating kami dito sa manila. Recently, nalaman ko na dad was considering living here in Manila and let aling peih manage our house in Pampanga naman. I don't really mind living here, since wala naman akong friends sa pampanga. Most of the time kasi magisa lang ako, not because wala akong choice, I just don't really want to entertain people.

Well, except for this one person. daion. I've known him since gradeschool. His dad, and dad's a mate. Kaya madalas kaming pumupunta sa bahay nila when I was a kid, I still remember how I'll sneak to dad playing tennis with tito to check at him on his room, and ask him to play volleyball. He often refuse, saying he's not good at it. Which isn't true. He's good at being the spike. Kaya nung nagtungtong ng highschool, I'm always aiming for setter position in volleyball.

They used to live in Pampanga too, pero they recently moved to manila. For their business matters. They run agricultural businesses in different provinces in Luzon and Visayas. But luzon have them most.

"Anak, alis muna ako, can you tell your mom na nagyaya tito arcel mo to play tennis?"
Dad stand behind the door in my room.

what!? kila daion!? sama ako.

"hmm.."

"dad.."

"ah wala. never mind, ingat po."
I sigh, feeling lost.

"Okay, thank you, tiang. "
Sabi ni dad bago dahan-dahan na isinasara ang pintuan.

I am completely lost seconds ago.