Season 4 part 5

Ace had Lilly in his car

Ace had Lilly in his car. He was driving her to school but first he had to pick up Anthony. He turned the car into the driveway.

Ace looked over to see his dad walking towards the car. He rolled his eyes sighing.

"Nice of you to stop by. Where have you been staying? And where'd you get the car?"

"I honestly don't see how the first question is any of your concern and I bought it." Ace said shrugging

Daniel looked behind Ace seeing that there was someone else was in the car, "Whose the kid?"

"A friend of mine." Ace told him with a blank expression on his face

Finally, Anthony was making his way outside now towards the car. He got in the car quickly knowing his brother doesn't want to talk to Daniel.

Before Ace could leave Daniel put his hand on the car.

"Look I know you don't trust me anymore. I wouldn't either but I'm trying. You have to understand ho hard all of this is for me. I was dealing with a rivalry, trying to get back into karate, maintaining the business, and help Sam." Ace rolled his eyes at the last part, "I just I didn't understand what your were trying to tell us Ace okay. But I'm trying to and I need you."

Ace's face paled. He nodded and pulled out of the driveway speeding away.

"Did he just call you Ace?" Anthony asked from his spot in the back with Lilly.

"Seems so." He didn't know if he should believe his dad though. After all this time why now? Was he just trying to use him. It seemed a bit too late to try and fix everything now.

"Three things make you a champion. The three D's." All of the students stood in front of Silver

"Desire. Devotion!" they all exclaimed

"And discipline." Silver finished with the rest of them, "The first two, I can't give you. The last one, I can, but you have to be willing to receive it. Are you?"

"Yes, Sensei!" they all shouted

Silver nodded, "All right. Junbi stance. Now, I understand you wanna defeat your enemies. And you will when it matters. Until then, just stay focused on your training. Is that understood?"

They all chanted back once again.

"Good. Arms out. Attention. Che-ryut. Kyun-Nae. Dismissed."

They all made their way off the mat into the locker room, all of them ready to get home and rest.

Ace zipped up his bag and swung it over his shoulder. He began making his way out when he was called over by the team who were huddled together.

"Hey um so we learned some new news." Kyler said

"Uh what about?" Ace looked at Tory confused what was happening right now

Robby looked at Tory, "Someone let it slip that a little birdy with spiky hair will be getting a tattoo. And we think it's the perfect time to strike first."

"I thought sensei said we couldn't fight?"

"Just because we cant fight doesn't mean we can't get payback."

Ace swallowed, he couldn't say no this time. The team was already losing trust in him. And Ace still didn't know exactly what Kreese knew.

"So what do you have in mind?"

The team looked at each other and smiled.

Ace walked in right next to Tory holding her hand. The bell above them shook as the door opened.

"Hey, Rico, you good?"

"Tattoo shop's closed for the day." Kyler said grinning

Hawk looked up at them with wide eyes and bolted for the exit.

"Where'd you think you're going?" Tory asked him

They started fighting and Ace stayed to the side.

"You weren't that hard to find you little bitch." Tory sneered at him

They had him pinned down now, "You assholes just ignoring the no fighting rules?" Hawk tried to pull his wrists out with no such luck

Robby pulled out a hair clippers, "Oh were not here to fight." Robby walked over to Hawk and then looked over at Ace pointing the clippers at him.

"Would you do the honors please?" Ace's eyes widened and he slowly made his way over. This wasn't part of the deal. He was just gonna be here to support the team. They knew Hawk used to be his friend.

He shakily took it from Robby. And stood in front of Hawk, his knuckles white from holding the onto the clippers so tightly. He brought his hand up to his head.

"Please." He whispered Ace looked at him. Really looked at him, and he didn't see Hawk anymore. He saw his old best friend. He saw the small, sweet Eli he was once friends with.

"I can't do this." And with that Ace walked out tears forming in his eyes