1

Naruto blushed as he turned his head away. He could feel her pointed gaze and he needed to turn away quickly before she noticed him. She never saw him, at least he didn't think she did. Did she though? Naruto felt his heart sink. Were you noticing him? That must be so embarrassing he was a walking opposite of a man every day. He had come to accept it but he didn't want his crush to have that impression of him. He held his head down, cradling his head into his arms. 'You're such an embarrassment. Shikamaru would never like someone like you.' 

Naruto had a firm grasp on his reality. He was a feminine guy, he wanted to be taken care of in the manner of a woman the only problem being that he was not gay. If he was gay then he would find a gay jock and ride him into the sunset. But he was a man, and men had to uphold certain standards. He felt his head pounding for the many times he's been faced with this thought by both himself and his friends. Was it so bad he wanted to be a stay-at-home husband, with so many boss babe ladies in the media wanting to conquer the world is it bad that he wanted to take their traditional role and let them get it done? 

People looked at him like he was crazy but there were men who thought like him. Delicate men just like him. The ones born with a smaller frame like him, who cooked and sewed like him wanted to take up traditional women's roles while having a dominant woman. He would spend hours in forums and private chats encouraging others who have found their working woman to get it locked down and those who had potential partners to confess. He had been on the receiving end as he couldn't keep his mouth shut about his crush. Seeing Shikamaru in freshman year was breathtaking for him. She wore the boy's uniform, stood tall at nearly 6'4, and played sports religiously. She wasn't lazy though many people claimed she was. That wasn't the case, Naruto had watched her long enough to know that Shikamaru was always working, her eyes never stopped observing and compressing. 

He could get lost in her eyes, her hair was always done up in a ponytail with strands framing her face but she was confident in herself. She was apathetic to her peers and everyone around her. She had close friends but from what he gathered they were childhood friends and their fathers were best friends. They often say Shikamaru hadn't changed since the day she could start walking and talking. She's always been like this and maybe that was the reason Naruto was drawn to her. She was enthralling, and many men were intimidated by her but the females flocked so easily, confessing one after the other. 

Shikamaru rejected them. Every single one and people were shocked when the tally went past a hundred students. It had set the tone. Shikamaru wasn't interested and confessions soon stopped. Naruto was put off by it as well. One could say that Shikamaru was straight since they were only girls but on the other hand, Shikamaru never clarified why she rejected them when the confessors asked. She just said no, she didn't accept them. 

Across the classroom Shikamaru diverted her gaze, her heart fluttering a bit despite her constant blank expression. She had caught Naruto staring at her again. She clenched her fingers lightly. At this rate, she'll have to be the one to approach, such a troublesome situation but she didn't want Naruto to slip between her fingers. She finally left his frame and turned back to face the blackboard. It was obvious the male had a crush on her so why wouldn't he confess? Was it because of the string of girls confessing to her? Shikamaru felt a deep hatred for all of them at the moment. 

Shikamaru is a spoiled child, held out her hands and opened her mouth and she would get it. She glanced at Naruto by chance when the blonde was getting things from his locker. It was just a sweeping glance of the area but her eyes settled quickly back on Naruto. He stood at his locker, looking so feminine that it was straight out of a romance scene in the manga. He had a somber expression, his eyes a deep caring blue, wearing a pastel pink sweater. His hair was short, cut close to his ears and his whiskers were an outstanding feature. At the time she had no idea why but her heart thumped so loudly that it caused her mind to crash. 

He was the spitting image of what her friends and parents were preaching that she should be. But Shikamaru didn't want that for herself, she explained it to them. She liked boys, she wasn't a dominant lesbian but she wanted a softer man, a feminine man. They laughed at this, telling her that those men were gay and none would be straight. But Naruto popped up on her radar, from the information she poached Naruto was straight and expressed a desire for someone of her outline. Tall and masculine but a female. It seemed like a perfect match but Shikamaru didn't know how to approach the subject. 

She noticed Naruto's stares, his blushing face, and red-tipped ears. It was so adorable but Naruto never came close to her and when she tried going to him he would scurry away before she got within 3 feet of him. When people started confessing Naruto avoided her more and she didn't want that but she didn't know how to change it. For a brief moment, a thought crossed her mouth. 'What if he's avoiding me because he thinks I'll reject him?' A gun clock could be heard in her mind as she lined the former confessors up for a shot in the head. 'You meddling shits!' 

She didn't have a clue about dating so she consulted her best friend who had a revolving door of boyfriends but Ino quickly turned her to Choji. When Shikamaru asked why Ino was a blunt person. "You're joking, right? I have a circus of men over here, I'm not looking for a deep connection but you are. I'm not the one you should take advice from. Ask Choji, he's been with Karui for years, he's the one you should be asking." 

"I respect your confession that you're a player," Shikamaru replied. 

Ino winked at her. "Don't thank me, I love you too darling." 

So she questioned Choji and after hearing her situation gave her a perplexed look. "May I speak freely?" He asked nervously and Shikamaru frowned. 

"Lay it out for me Choji." 

"Naruto's a very feminine male from what you're telling me. You've done your research and you seem pretty confident in what he wants." 

"But?" Shikamaru raised an eyebrow. 

"But my advice might be unconventional," Choji darted his gaze. "I'm actually wondering if I'm going to offend you." 

"Just say it already," Shikamaru didn't have time to deal with this. 

"You might want to be the boyfriend." 

"Excuse me?" Shikamaru didn't connect the dots. 

"Listen you're a female that screams masculine energy but one glance and you can tell that you're a girl. Naruto however is different. We know he's a guy but one look at him and it becomes ambiguous. He's gone out of the way to take advantage of his feminine build and features." 

"Choji please just get to the point," Shikamaru was becoming frustrated. 

"I am," He held his hands up. "What I'm saying is that if Naruto has gone out of his way to be feminine then he would want to be treated like a woman even though he's a straight man. He wants to be the girlfriend here and if you want him then you'll have to pick up that masculine energy and body you walk around with and be his boyfriend." 

Shikamaru paused and tilted her head slightly as she thought about it. It made sense. 

She let out a small smile. "Thank you Choji." 

The Akimichi sighed looking as Shikamaru walked away from their lunch spot. "You've always been attracted by rare and unique things. Seems Naruto became your new favorite puzzle set."

A/N- Short Story incoming, like it, was supposed to be one of my little oneshots but I have an ongoing idea so bear with me.