Sacred Duel

TIMESKIP

After helping the villagers of Lute, we were invited to the castle, apparently the king organized it for the heroes succeeding in defeating the Wave, well probably with the exception of Naofumi, but we still went since there was a reward. But before we left, I had to clean my clothes since the monster I killed spilled its blood on me. As of now we were at the party, Naofumi was sitting by a window, and Raphtalia and I were eating what this place had to offer, and if I’m correct, and I usually am, she grew again. She looks now like someone of my age… huh. After eating some food, Raphtalia grabbed some drinks for her and Naofumi. As for me I decided to stay a bit longer, drinking whatever I could find. After I finished, I was about to go back with the others, but then…

???: Hey

I turned around and saw two of the heroes

Bow Hero: Hi, my name is Itsuki Kawasumi, I’m the Bow Hero
Sword Hero: And I’m Ren Amaki, the Sword Hero

They wait for me to introduce myself, but I decided to have fun leaving us in an uncomfortable silence. Especially when they could’ve heard my name back at the hourglass

Itsuki: N-Not much of a talker, huh? A-Anyways, we were wondering if you were the one who launched that attack back in Wave, you know, the one with a lot of fireballs
Ren: If so, we thought of making a proposition to you.

Damn, I didn’t think that spell would catch unwanted attention, but yeah, I should expect this. Anyways, I tilted my head as if they caught my curiosity

Itsuki: You see, we think that you have some amazing power, and if you’re skills are as amazing as said power…
Ren: We think that you could do some good if you joined one of our parties
Itsuki: Yeah! No offense, but with Naofumi you won’t be able to do anything that’s worth it, you know? I mean you do know what he has done, right?
Ren: And if you convince your friend maybe she can join you as well
Itsuki: That’s a good idea, so what do you say… partners?

Both of them extend their hands waiting for me to shake one of them, as if they convinced me to join one of them. Either the want to use me for their own benefit, or the want to make Naofumi’s life harder than it already is. It doesn’t matter anyway, the answer is still the same. So, I just…

 So, I just…

Hmph. Even if I wanted to join, my mission is clear. Help the Shield Hero no matter what. I was on my way to Naofumi when I see the Spear Hero throw a glove in front of Naofumi. Great, just what I needed, more problems.

Motoyasu: Duel me. I heard that Raphtalia is your slave
Naofumi: And what if she is?
Reed: ‘Hey! What if you think before you say something that might get us in trouble?
Naofumi: ‘You say like we’re not in trouble already’
Motoyasu: You…
Naofumi: Raphtalia is my slave. So what?
Reed: ‘You know what, I give up, just don’t blame me on what happens next’
Motoyasu: Listen! It’s not right to enslave others!
Naofumi: Listen to yourself. Slavery is legal in this country, anyway
Motoyasu: But we’re heroes from another world! We can’t behave that way here!
Naofumi: That’s just your opinion. I disagree
Motoyasu: Fight me! If I win, free Raphtalia, as well as the masked guy who probably was forced to follow you!
Naofumi: And what if I win?
Motoyasu: Then… you can keep things as they are
Naofumi: Ridiculous
Raphtalia: Master Naofumi?
Reed: ‘Let’s just go, Raphtalia’
Raphtalia: ‘R-Right’