Prologue- Does it mean anything?

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world.” – John Green
.
.
.
.
.
.

11 years Ayanokoji pov

Is there any meaning to being in the outside world? The same question always comes to my mind.

My answer is that there is no point in being in the outside world for me. The outside world will not be able to provide an efficient education like the white room. The outside world is not able to develop my abilities like how whiterooom does it. So whiterooom is the only suitable place for me.

That's what I've always believed but that belief has been shaken a bit lately because someone tried to poison my mind.

The person was gone because he decided to go out of the white room under the pretense of wanting to see the outside world. His name is Shiro. He has a better winning record than me in terms of martial arts. Although that's an old story because now he can no longer beat me.

In our last fight, I beat him. During our last fight he once asked me to leave the white room and go see the outside world.

I refused.

"Kyotaka." A cold voice called my name.

That man, my father told me that I will be released into the outside world.

But I have to go to a school called Advanced Nurturing High School.

A school founded by the Japanese government to nurture young graduates who will support the country. It boasts 100% employment and college entry rate.

What a tempting offer for normal people but for me it means nothing.

By the way the man also said something interesting.

"Kiyotaka. You will be accompanied by someone your own age but you are ordered to protect 'that person' at all costs. You must treat 'that person' as an equal and treat 'that person' like an ally or friend, you are prohibited from using 'that person' like a tool ."

I will be accompanied by someone? But when this man calls using the title 'that person' as if he wants to avoid me getting any information about 'that person' even the gender of 'that person' which I think is useless because I will meet 'that person' in the end. though I don't care if 'that person' is a boy or a girl.

But I was somewhat interested in who 'that person' was so that led the man to forbid me from manipulating 'that person' and told me to treat 'that person' equally.

I wanted to ask but I knew he wouldn't tell me anything considering he even hid the name and gender of 'that person'

"When will I meet that person?" I ask

"You will meet 'that person' later and you will spend 1 month before going to Anhs. Understood?"

"Okay."

***

After 1 month

"Kiyo! Kiyo!" a girl's gentle voice woke me up.

I opened my eyes and rubbed my eyes. I directed my gaze to my left who called me by a nickname.

She looked at me sullenly.

It turned out that 'that person' was a girl.

She is a beautiful, pale-skinned girl with very long messy white hair that has pale blue, purple, pink, green and yellow tones and large, passive gold/yellow-red eyes. She is rather slim and of average height (for eleven years old).

"Have we arrived? Shiro."

Continue