// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part seventeen

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n yelped, trying to hold back tears as she held her hand over her bloody nose. Videl smirked down at Y/n, watching as Y/n tried to recollect herself. Y/n squeezed her eyes shut, trying to push through the pain. She'd never been outright punched in the face before. Y/n wasn't even a very strong or athletic person, she couldn't take one of Videl's punches like it were nothing. It was overwhelming. Y/n was worried Videl had even possibly broken her nose.

"You ass! What was that for!?" Y/n yelled, wiping off the blood. Videl glared at Y/n, clenching her fist.

"Why do you think!? You kissed my boyfriend!" Videl yelled, throwing another punch. Y/n slid to the side, dodging her attack as she backed away from Videl.

"First off, he kissed me, not the other way around!" Y/n said, dodging Videl's fist. Her back hit a wall, Videl scowling at Y/n as she approached. Throwing another punch, Y/n sunk to the floor as fast as she could, kicking Videl's legs. Videl yelped, falling to the floor. Climbing to her feet, Y/n continued. "And second, he's not your boyfriend! Gohan explained everything to me."

"Explained what!? That he's fine with cheating on me, that he's fine with ruining our friendship!?" Videl yelled. Leaping to her feet, she charged Y/n. Y/n grabbed Videl by her shoulders, forcing the girl to a stop.

"He explained that you were treating me horribly, talking about me behind my back! He said you just claimed to be his girlfriend, and that he never actually agreed to it!" Y/n said. Clenching her fists, Videl growled.

"You watched him agree to it before the prom! He's just lying to get you on his side! He wants you because you're a whore!" Videl slammed her fist into Y/n's gut, forcing the girl to double over. "You're a whore, and you'll just end up hurting Gohan!"

Videl shoved her knee into Y/n's stomach, cringing in disgust as Y/n coughed up blood. Wheezing, Y/n dropped to her knees, a stabbing pain shooting throughout her chest. Her vision began to blur, and Y/n felt a burning sensation begin to arise within her.

Was that truly what Y/n was? Y/n had wanted to enjoy the night, let herself relax as her anxieties melted away. But now here she was, alone, as someone she'd once considered a close friend beat her down and called her names, simply because Y/n's feelings were out of her own control.

All of her life, Y/n had avoided conflict, focusing only on herself, and shutting the world out. But when she met Gohan, she found herself opening up more and more. Y/n had enjoyed experiencing life with someone just as inexperienced as herself. But perhaps she had let herself grow too comfortable, too open.

Y/n felt her eyes water as more and more hateful thoughts toward herself flooded her mind. Was she always a horrible person? Y/n regretted letting people in, she regretted allowing herself to be vulnerable. Now she could only be seen as a horrible person, unworthy of love.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, something within Y/n snapped, as if some sort of inner demon had been let off of its leash. Her e/c eyes, hidden beneath her palms, turned completely black. And before Videl could even process it, Y/n was on her feet, fist smashed into Videl's cheek.

And that was it. Videl was down, completely unconscious. Y/n huffed, feeling as though she'd lost consciousness for a second. Looking down at Videl, Y/n stared for a moment, processing the sight. Her eyes widened, quickly dropping to Videl's side as Y/n realized the girl had been knocked unconscious.

"Videl!? Are you okay!?" Y/n tried to shake Videl awake, but Videl was out cold. Y/n groaned, the creeping feeling of panic beginning to set in as she tried to remember what had happened. From her perspective, she'd been knocked out for a second, and when she came to, Videl was the one unconscious. And that made Y/n scared. Surely she hadn't been the one to do that. Right?