The Backup Dancer

DG x reader

For you, dancing was a way of life.

It was as easy as breathing, and it'd always been like that, since you were little even.  And now, you were finally getting recognized.

PTJ Entertainment had reached out to you after your audition for the role as a choreographer.  Training aspiring K-pop stars was something you wanted to do, seeing the life and excitement on their faces, it really made you feel great.

And today was going to be your first actual show.

And who were you and your dancers performing for?

Well, none other than Diego Kang of course.

DG.

The dress up room was busy, with motion every way you could turn your head. Noticing one of your dancers,  Ae-Cha, struggling with her outfits top, you quickly rushed over to help her.

"Thanks (Y/N), the zipper won't come down."

"Course, it's not a problem." You replied with a smile, deftly holding the edge of her top to zip up the rest of it. Turning Ae-Cha around, you smiled, your hands on her arms.

"You look like a star,  A." You looked into her eyes,  Ae-cha smiled gratefully at you, giving you a tight embrace.

"Alright, let's go everyone!"

The two of you quickly separated at the voice of DG's manager, quickly running out.

All of you and the dancers you'd helped to train got into position, and when DG appeared, the crowd went wild. As he launched into his first song, all of you quickly put the rehearsed movements into action. And even by his 5th song, everything was a success.

But then it happened.

One of the spotlights was faulty, it seemed, barely hanging on by a thread. As you made your way in front of the other dancers, that thread finally gave out, and it was headed straight for you.

"Hey! Look out!"

DG pushed you out of the way, shielding his body with yours. Truth is, DG had been watching you for a while. Watching how you helped others selflessly, the way your hair flipped all over the place when you were dancing, it was mesmerizing to him.

You were caged under his arms, his face inches from yours.

"Are you okay?" DG asked, standing up and offering you his hand.

"Thank you so much.." You sighed, taking his hand and pulling yourself up as well. The crowd was going absolutely insane as the crew came out to survey the crowd. Seeing as it was his last long, the concert was cancelled, and everyone went home.

In the back, however.

An on sight medic bandaged up your arm, a scratch you'd gotten from when your arm slid across the stage.

"Thanks." You nodded, the medic turning to leave when the both of you saw him in the doorway.

DG.

"Ah- may I speak with her for a moment, please?" The medic nodded, quickly scurrying away. You hugged your arms around yourself as you looked up at him.

"Thank you, so much. Really." You smiled, DG hesitantly putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Of course, are you alright?" You unwrapped your arms, scanning them.

"Yeah, the medic you guys have is pretty damn good at his job." DG slightly chuckled.

"I agree. Ah- by the way.. Can I have your name?" He seemed a little sheepish, not that you caught note of it.

"(Y/N)." You said with a grin, DG's hand having made its way from your shoulder to your arm. He nodded, releasing you and walking towards the door.

"Well, (Y/N), it was nice saving you." He winked before walking out the door, leaving just as quickly as he had arrived. You put your hand up to wave, but he was already gone.

The door burst open as Ae-Cha came barreling in, crashing into you in a bone crushing hug.

"Ah! I was so worried about you.." she sniffled, hugging you tightly from your seat on the bench in the medical wing.

"I'm fine, A. Really." You smiled, hugging her back as well. Ae-Cha pulled back, letting out a sigh of relief.

"By the way.. how does it feel to have been saved by DG?" She smiled, her jaw slack with disbelief and awe.

"Feels good to just be alive, like- I'm just happy I survived in general." You fidgeted with your hands. Did she expect you to describe it like a spiritual experience or something?

"Oooh, you're so lucky!" Ae-cha cooed. You sighed, standing up and placing a hand on her head.

"Look, I'll see you tomorrow, A." You sighed, walking out the door leaving Ae-cha to deal with the rushing paparazzis.

Getting into your car, you sighed as the car stared.

What a show.