The Big Secret ~ Part 2

POV of Max

Emily has been been acting strangely. She hardly communicates with me any longer and spends all of her time locked in our suite because, according to her, she has a severe fever and didn't want to scare the other visitors.

However, she seems to be keeping something from me. She always flees when she sees me, acting as though I'm the plague. I've had enough, so I'm speaking to her right now.

When I returned to our room, Emily was already in the shower. She had at least two notifications on her phone, so I opened it and saw a message from an unknown number.

"We need you to be at your best, so make sure you eat well."

"Avoid drinking to avoid having a hangover tomorrow"

Was Emily secretly having an affair with someone? My eyes were so unbelievable. She was startled to see me on her phone when she emerged from the restroom.

"What are you doing, Max?"

I scream with anger, "Save it Emily, I know you're seeing a new guy."

"What are going on about, Max?"

I tell Emily, "Pack up and go. I don't need a companion like you." God, this is Elizabeth all over again, I mutter as I march out of the room and leave Emily in tears.

POV of Emily

He seemed to have just left after seeing my phone. I sobbed for at least ten minutes before checking at my phone to see what he was looking at—texts from my obstetrician. That Max, I can't believe.

At the location of our first picnic, I went to find him.

With his shirt slightly damp and his hair covering his eyes, he was very stunning. He was beautiful to look at. I slacked off like a farting cat.

"Max Those emails were from my family's physician, and I'm pregnant "I am quite clear. As he turned to face me, he said.

So, we're having a baby, right? He mutely questioned me.

I respond, "Yes Max, and I'm keeping the baby."

"Emily....

I really apologize for acting in such a manner; I didn't mean anything I said, and I'll make it up to you "As he kissed my cheek, he said.

I tell Max, "You are forgiven," and then I give him a huge kiss.