Part I

Prologue

I remember the bombs roaring as they exploded. I remember the smouldering
craters left in the aftermath. I remember the once blue sky turning black and red from smoke and fires. And I remember the terror in my friend's eyes. And yet what I don't remember is my family...

Introduction

The nuclear war started seven years ago. Due to the war the government built a grid of bunkers called "HAVEN" and started sending entire cities into them while the government was defending the attacks of other countries. Later on 3 years into the war the bombing stopped people were tempted to go out but they couldn't because the radiation was too high so the bunker government didn't let anyone out, they were keen on everyone's survival but sooner even they couldn't hold the temptation to go out.

Chapter 1

One day my friends and i woke up but strangely enough we didn't hear any noise (it was strange because there were millions in our bunker and usually the mornings were really loud). We decided to go out into the heart of the bunker where we normally had a market full of people but once we got there for some reason everyone was missing and all the stalls were left behind full of food. I was starting to feel afraid because when we checked the log nothing was written in it although everything that happened was recorded. But it was only until we checked the radiation meter we found out the truth; there was no radiation outside. So we went to the airlock only to find that the seal was broken and that someone had gone out. We understood what that meant; they all left without us but why? That is what we couldn't understand we discussed for a moment and a decision was made. We grabbed some canned food and then opened the door and stepped out of the place that we had called home.

Chapter 2

What was outside amazed us, after so many years of radiation and bombing life found its way through the endless craters and ruins of the old world, now there were unknown types of trees growing here and there some weird unknown flower grew nearly everywhere. We had no idea that so much has changed since the war but suddenly our peace was interrupted by someone's silhouette in the distance.

Chapter 3

We stared at the silhouette with curiosity and slowly edged our way closer to it. Soon we started to make out shapes such as a head, hands and a body but it was all mutated and as it turned round we saw it, it had red eyes, claws where its fingers should have been and teeth as sharp as razors. And its mouth? I couldn't find words to describe it! But fortunately it hadn't seen us so we silently ran away into the ruins of a cottage. There we searched for useful resources and we found a cooking stove and some dry fuel to go with it a knife and some forks to eat our canned meat and a can opener. Then we searched upstairs in one of rooms lay a black body with a strange mouth and piercing green eyes. Unfortunately it had blood gushing from a cut in his neck but for some reason he had been mutated a little so we supposed he was one of the people forgotten outside the bunkers.

Chapter 4

We started examining the body but there was nothing on him so we went outside as quickly as we can but suddenly we heard a loud gunshot nearby after which we broke into a sprint into its direction what we found was John one of our friends form the bunker with a hole right between his eyes and a smoking pistol right next to him suddenly we heard a shout from in front of us which made us jump up what we saw was nothing that we expected.

Chapter 5

There was a guy sitting in a jeep who looked a lot like the one we found dead we stared at him for a few moments but then suddenly we heard a roar several meters behind us then the guy in the car shouted "what are you waiting for? Get in!" we quickly hoped on and he started up the engine and rode off north. After a few moments of riding we started to make out shapes of a city when suddenly everything turned black with a thump.

Chapter 6

"Uhhhhh" I said as I woke up "what happened here?" "You and your friends got too much radiation coming from that creature that you met earlier today" said a voice "what do you mean?" I replied "the creature with claws" said the voice once again.

"Wait who the hell are you?"

"My name is Andrew"

"Where are my friends?"
"Still in concussion"

"Where are you?"

"Here" said Andrew as he stepped out of the shadows

"Wait you were the guy in the car right?"

"Yes" said Andrew as he stared at me "and I think you should follow me outside" he said as he opened the door and let the blinding light flood the room as someone  walked in with it

Chapter  7

After closing my eyes for a moment I saw that it was another of my friends from the bunker I swiftly stood up and called out to him "Jack I'm glad you're alive and what happened at the bunker? Where is everyone right now?"

" Its ok Jason everyone is alive as soon as we found out that the radiation is gone we had gone off to find the other bunkers and tell them about the news but unfortunately our group got separated into two. Half is here and the rest are waiting in bunker new Atlanta," replied Jack. "But why did you leave me and my two other friends?"

"We left you to take care of the bunker but as I see u have joined us on the quest" suddenly our speech got interrupted by gunfire and after a few moments a grenade flew in. the last thing I heard was run before the lights went out.