Chapter Five - The New Girl

Everyone was confused. Everyone was curious. Lucas, Leonardo, Theodore, and Melisa were getting stares from not only students that attend Lakes High but the teachers as well. 

The three brothers were fuming. First they find out how insecure their sister is about her appearance and now every time their sister sees someone stare at her they can't help but think how bad she must be feeling. 

"Theo, I'm thirsty. Did you bring water with you?" Melisa asked her twin brother. All the students and teachers that heard Melisa froze with their eyes wide open in fear. No one is allowed to call Theodore 'Theo'. What shocked them even more is when Theodore took out his personalised water bottle and gave it to Melisa to drink. A few gasps were heard but the four siblings chose to ignore it.

The siblings finally reached the reception. The receptionist just stared in horror when the De La Vega brothers walked into the reception. However what she did not expect was a girl that looks exactly like Theodore to walk in straight behind them. Melisa walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello, I'm new her. I just enrolled into this school." Melisa said in a soft shy tone to the receptionist. 

"Hello dear. Let's see. One second darling." The receptionists replied to Melisa. She went onto the computer for a minute, searching for a form that she would need to fill out for Melisa. "Okay darling. Would you like to tell me your name?" The receptionist asked Melisa in a polite tone.

"My name is Melisa De La Vega." Melisa told the receptionist. Last night while the family was bonding, they all wanted Melisa to change her surname back to how it originally was. Melisa, not wanting to upset or disappoint her family, agreed to it. 

The receptionist froze once again. The De La Vega family has another child. But the thing that really shocked her was the fact that Melisa seemed different. She seemed kind, innocent, and well-behaved.

Once Melisa finished enrolling into the school, she had her timetable given to her.

Period 1 - English

Period 2 - Mathematics

Break

Period 3 - Physical Education

Period 4 - Italian

Lunch

Period 5 - History

She looked at the lessons she had today and was really excited. Theodore quickly snatched the timetable out of Melisa's hand earning himself a glare from her. He scanned her timetable carefully checking if she was in all of their lessons. To Melisa's surprise, her timetable was exactly the same as all of her brothers. 

"Wait, how is that even possible?" Melisa questioned flabbergasted. 

"You aren't the only smart one in the family, amor. Theodore skipped a year because he was too smart to be in his own year. So me and Lucas decided to change our timetable to match his exactly. Just like how we called the school yesterday demanding them to give you the same timetable as us three" Leonardo stated. Melisa laughed, shook her head in disbelief, and walked away trying to find her lesson whilst the three brothers followed.

Time Skip

It was now breaktime. Melisa wasn't allowed to leave her brothers' side the whole day. Every time she tried to, she would always get dragged back by Lucas. So now they are all sitting on their designated table.

"LEONARDO!" A girl exclaims from across the hall gaining everyone's attention. The girl was gorgeous. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She looked like a barbie doll. As soon as Melisa saw the girl, her jaw dropped and her insecurities rose. "Oh myyy who is this gorgeous girllll?" The girl asked in excitment and curiosity.

"Hey, I'm Melisa De La Vega. Nice to meet you." Melisa replied shocking the girl stood before her.

"Oh my, you finally found her," the girl whispered still in shock. "It's so nice to finally meet you Melisa, I'm Elena Castelli." Elena replied. Elena already felt so attached to Melisa even though she had just met her.

Melisa and Elena were bonding for the whole break. They found out they have nearly the same timetable. Elena has PE, Italian, and History with Melisa today. Everyone that saw the interaction between Elena and Melisa felt as though they were seeing two befriends, if not sisters, interacting with each other. 

 The two girls were really excited. They were in the changing room getting changed for PE. Melisa borrowed Elena's spare PE clothes as she didn't think of getting hers on the first day of school. However, the clothes that Elena gave her were really tight on Melisa and she felt really uncomfortable wearing them but Elena kept reassuring her not understanding why a girl as beautiful as Melisa feels so insecure about her body.

Meanwhile, the boys were already dressed and making their way into the hall. Lucas, Leonardo, and Theodore were joined by their best friend Romeo Castelli. Romeo had just gotten to school as he was dealing with Mafia business with his father. The three brothers filled him in on everything relating to their sister including how his sister, Elena, and Melisa clicked really well together, instantly becoming best friends.

"I'm really happy for you guys." Romeo said to the three brothers with a soft genuine smile on his face. He knew how much effort the De La Vega family put into finding the youngest daughter.

The four boys walked into the gymnasium where they would be doing PE. Everyone was already there however they couldn't find Elena and Melisa anywhere. They all started to get anxious until they heard the big, heavy doors to the gymnasium open. 

Lucas, Leonardo, and Theodore were livid as soon as they saw what their little sister was wearing.