Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Ajax/Zahar/The Japanese Girl

The two arrived at the small temporary settlement away from Sedjet. The village was still visible in the distance, the fire was extinguished and the moon was high. Zahar was sitting outside one of the large tents, swinging his legs. He was waiting for Ajax to arrive. Despite seeming happy, he was worried. He found someone who he really began to care for over the last couple months. He didn't want to lose someone that special ever again. Ajax walked in with the quiet Japanese girl. Not a word had been spoken on the way there. Zahar saw Ajax and leaped up and ran towards him.

"Ajax! Ajax! Did you have fun?" Zahar asked with a smile.

"Y-Yeah. I'm just a bit tired now." Ajax replied, relieved that Zahar was safe.

"Aww man. You should go hit the sack then."

"Yeah. I'll talk with you tomorrow."

Ajax walked into one of the large tents where many people slept. I should contact the Olympians and give them a report. It seems that these disasters aren't natural after all. Ajax used his light blue cloak as a blanket and closed his eyes.

"AHAHAHAHA! You angry, blue boy?"

Ajax recognized the voice and immediately guarded himself with a flaming sun shield. He looked around and was in a white space. Nothing and no one was in sight. The voice boomed in Ajax's head.

"Traveling all over from India really made me feel alive! So much more going on than in that boring place."

From India? But he was holding a Western European broadsword.

"This land makes me feel different than any other! I think I'll stay here for quite a while. Find someone stronger than you to fight me, like that katana girl."

Ajax gritted her teeth. He felt so worthless already, helping out with nothing during that catastrophe.

"AHAHAHA! My lord will enjoy the magical energy of you and that girl. Good luck, sunny boy!" The man exclaimed while his laugh faded into the distance.

Ajax's eyes flung open to an empty tent with just Zahar and the Japanese girl.

Zahar sat on the floor, humming a tune to himself while the beautiful Japanese girl cleaned the blade of her katana.

"Gooooood morning, rise and shine!" Zahar said, a bit too loud compared to what Ajax would've liked. The girl looked up and gave Ajax a small smile. His heart leaped up to his throat.

"What time is it?" Ajax asked.

"Around midday now, bud. You slept like a baby huh?" Zahar laughed.

Ajax felt his face go red. "H-Hey Zahar, did anyone from the Egypt Research Party arrive in town overnight?" Ajax asked, as to change from talking about him sleeping like a baby.

Zahar turned and looked at the Japanese girl.

"Hi. My name is Kori Tsuki, daughter of Shinigami the God of Death. I am a member of the Egypt Research Party, the only surviving member."

Ajax was surprised with many different things. A daughter of death? Every single one of the party members are dead except for her? Was that how powerful that flaming tall man was? "I... I see. I will need to make a report to the Twelve Olympians." Ajax's stomach growled. "After lunch of course," he laughed.

Ajax and Zahar munched down on koshary while Tsuki ate slowly and politely.

"So, where we gonna go now, Ajax?" Zahar asked while devouring the food like a monster, somehow keeping clean while doing so.