PROLOGUE

ANALIA

IT IS SAID that the elementals first came to the human realm a thousand years ago. They were beings that embodied the source of all magical powers, born from the cosmos. They were the pioneers of magic and were entities of unexplainable and unending power, unable to be killed because of how invincible they were.

Their main objective in the human realm was annihilation since their principal realm was falling apart but due to some unknown reasons, they decided to form a pact with the humans instead making sure to lay rules which both elementals and humans had to follow to live peacefully.

Although it was forbidden at the time for an elemental and human to have any sort of emotional relationship, it was something that became rather inevitable as elementals began to fall in love with humans. Their union produced the gods. The gods weren't as powerful as the elementals because they had humanity in their blood. It was the sole reason the union between elementals and humans was forbidden.

With time, the elementals started to go extinct as they grew old and eventually died and so as the legacy of the elementals died with them, The gods became the new rulers of the human realm. The gods unlike the elementals were susceptible to death, it was this sole characteristic along with their limited powers that made them labeled as weak.

The humans soon began to forget that the elementals ever existed and as reverence to the gods, they named their towns and villages after the major gods who supposedly still carried fragments of the elementals within their blood. The capital was named after Chrollo, whose mother was an elemental. Other towns were named after the other gods such as Ansyer, Ansyera, Karish, Meyer, Anasem, and Feyra.

The gods at the time found it insulting to live side by side with humans. They felt like the humans had taken too much advantage of their presence with them and as a result, they devised means to create their godly realm.

They succeeded but just like the elementals they were gods who were smitten with the humans giving birth to lesser gods known as the demigod and demigoddess.

But there was one group of people that defied the laws of magic. People that made every being including themselves shake in fear of the unknown nature of their abilities.

The seers

Beings with the ability to foresee the future and prophesy good tidings or doom. This ability paid no respect to what nature of person or being was wielding its powers. The gods had seers amongst them and so did the humans.

My mother used to tell me that prophecies were the bedrock of the realms. Without prophecies, one could never tell what destiny had in store for them. Destiny was the inevitable future predetermined for both mankind and the gods and with time, prophecies became so revered that everyone became blind to the possibilities of a different future.

It became a tradition that every two moons after a child was born they were taken to their local seer. There, their fortunes were told. It was nice to know that their children would become extremely wealthy in the future or someone of great substance. Sadly everyone didn't get to hear that their children would live such luxurious lives, some children were condemned to damnation.

There was one story that did shake the core of both the human realm and the realm of the gods. The child of goddess Asha, the daughter of Chrollo was prophesized to be a harbinger of death and doom.

The child was destined to destroy the human realm.

This prophecy branded that child as a villain whom the realms ostracized without even knowing. For twenty-one years, the realms have feared an unknown child being left with the hope of a hero prophesized to bring the child to its end.