Lady Brienne

Hello darlings! Here is the first chapter of this story! I hope you all enjoy reading as much as I did writing it! 🖤

                                ***

As I was walking down the small alley behind the castle, I crossed path with one of my many father's guards.

"Lady Brienne."

"Ser Arren."

We exchanged those simple courtesy and the guard lowered his head to me in sign of respect while I carried on with my walk. 

Almost arrived to the water I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of fresh air. Kept it in for as long as I could, letting my lungs fill up, before breathing out and opening my eyes again. 

The water in Tarth is a wonder to gaze at. So blue it almost seemed like it was filled with sapphires. It wasna called the Sapphire Island for its wealth in gems! 

I liked to come here alone sometimes, to think and to enjoy the waves crushing on the stones, swiftly disturbing the silence. 

I liked it almost as much as I liked hiding in the woods with the boys from town to fight with swords we had made ourselves from wood.

My serene bubble was broken when I heard a guard walking from afar. Not the same one as earlier. 

He was walking toward me quickly. His armor was noisy. 

"Pardon me for the intrusion Lady Brienne, your father is requesting your presence in the throne hall." 

He said to me when he finally arrived at my level. 

"Thank you very much Ser Legin, I will make my way now." 

"Would you like me to escort you there Milady?"

"No Ser Legin I would like to walk on my own. Thank you." 

"Very well Lady Brienne, good day to you."

With a smile, I took my way to the castle. 

                               ***

"Father? You wished to see me?"

"Ah! Brienne my dear. I have wonderful news. We received a raven with a very important letter from King's Landing. 
You my dear, are to marry the King! 

A high pitch noise was blasting both my ears. I couldn't fathom what I just had heard. 

All became blurry and I struggled to breath.

I made my way to a seat and sat there to try and get back to my senses. 

"Did you hear me Brienne?? You will be Queen of the seven kingdoms!! It is a very profitable alliance indeed, to be linked with the Baratheon." 

"Profitable alliance?!" I muttered.

"What did you say? Speak up Brienne, you will be Queen! You have to learn to be heard!"

"I do not want to be Queen! Father, I've never wanted anything to do with that."

"You do not get to choose. You are a lady and it is you duty to this family! You will do as you are told for once!" 

"I am no lady! I have no poise, no grace, I am giant and I am ugly! I would be a terrible Queen.

"You will learn. And it seems like you've been deemed the proper fit for a king, you should be grateful for that!"

"The man is horrible father! He has an awful reputation! They say he is a drunk, whore fucker, ill mannered asshole."

"Well If half of this is true, than you two should get alone just fine. Now cease your protest, you are to marry the King in 2 weeks time whether you like it or not."

Devastated and angry, I stormed out of the hall to get to my chamber. 

On my bed, I sobbed. Sobbed at the idea of leaving my home, my friends, my freedom.. not that I had much here but at least, I had some sort of it. 

I was petrified at the idea of becoming a queen yes but, much more a the idea of becoming a.. wife. Especially to a man like Robert Baratheon. 

I hope you enjoyed and please dinnae be shy and comment if ye have anything to say! 🖤