Chapter 2

Here the second chapter my dears! Just a little sweet moment between Brienne and her ladymaid xxx

I didn't speak with my father for the rest of the day yesterday. I was utterly upset by how things were dealt with. 

How I couldna choose my own future or even be my own person. 

Why did I have to be somebody else's wife? My dream of becoming a knight had gone in fumes too. 

"Milady? Are you awake?" 

It was one of my ladymaid, checking in on me through my door, after knocking on it. 

"Yes Ella, I am. You can come in" 

She quickly opened the door, and did a small curtsy.

"Milady."

"Morning Ella."

"Milady, your father wants you to know that you are to leave for winterfell to meet the king in 2 days time." 

"2 days?!" I haven't even had anything to eat yet and already was sick to my stomach.

"I'm so sorry Milady. Would you like me to prepare a bath for you? Perhaps it would help calm you down and collect your thoughts?"

"You are sweet Ella but I do not need a bath, I need a miracle."

"..." 

"Ella I'm so scared.." 

The tears again. I let my body fall on my bed in a dramatic manner and sobbed yet again. This time Ella approached and sat on the edge. We grew very close in the 4 years she had worked for me. Otherwise a ladymaid would never take such liberty. 

"Milady?" She called in a very calming voice, gently touching my arm. "I couldn't tell you I understand what you are going through of course, as I am not at all a lady. But I too have been separated from my home and family, to lead a life I, at first, did not want at all." 

She paused for a second, and kept on going.

"I was petrified and I cried for days on end. But I found myself here, and after a month or two of working for you, I grew to love my work, my life, and you Milady. I am not saying it is easy, or miraculous, but there is always something to look for in every situation. You are beautiful and strong. You will make this place your home, I am sure of it. And you will find joy in something. You will become a mother! Your children will bring you joy." 

I dried up my tears with the back of my hand and sat, facing Ella. 

"I'm so sorry you were taken from your family Ella." 

"Do not worry Milady, I am very content with my life here. I promise you"

She smiled at me and I did too. 

"I've never thought about becoming a mother. I had set my mind on becoming a knight since as far as I can remember. 
Now, it all becomes so real.. I know nothing about being a wife, a mother. Let alone a Queen. What will I do? How can I not feel like a stranger? Or too not be overwhelmed by all I will have to learn?"

"Trust in your instinct Milady, in your ladymaids too. Chances they will have been working in King landings for a long time, maybe even in the castle already. If so, they will teach you what you need to know. And my mother always said that becoming a mother is the most natural thing a woman can do. 
As for being a wife, well for most part you just have to smile and be pretty." 

She laughed which made me laugh too but I quickly lost my smile.

"But Ella, I am not pretty.. Everyone says so. And I think so too" 

"Lies Milady. You are the most beautiful woman I've seen. You are taller than most, yes. But your size doesn't take away from your beauty. And you have the most sincere smile of all. Believe in you Milady, and all will see your beauty too."

                               ***

I felt much better after my conversation with Ella this Morning. Even though I had a hard time believing in all she has said to me, it still felt good to hear a kind word on this all. 

With a clearer mind, I could at least make a plan to enjoy my last two days of freedom here in Tarth, before leaving for good.