1

[𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝟗𝟎𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭]

[𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝟗𝟎𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭]

RORY AND DALLAS had been sitting in the backyard of the girl tossing around a football.

"So when are you leaving?" Dallas asked

At most, there would always be two weeks before Rory would switch states. But sometimes, if she was lucky, she would get a month or two. Most of the time that was in the summer.

"Hopefully never. I'm asking my mom to stay for the summer" the girl sighed tossing the ball back to Dallas

"Oh! And maybe you'll finally find your dad! Oh wait, two things that will never happen"

"Shut up dally" she scoffed and plopped down on the grass

"If you are allowed to stay, you should stay with me" he follows, sits next to her and throws the ball into the grass

"But then we can't listen to my neighbor's obnoxious singing!" She jokes and then glances at the window of her neighbor's house "Hold on, that girl is totally spying on neighbor chick!"

"No way she's spyi- holy shit she totally is!" They stand and walk over to the fence and watch their whole interaction.
The blonde girl runs away and leaves the two friends making direct eye contact with the darker-skinned girl.

"Do you guys wanna come in too? Or are you all a part of the same creepo group that looks through teenage girls' windows?"

Dallas unlocks and opens the fence. Rory gives him an unknowing look "what bad could it be?" He says and walks to the girl's window. Rory begrudgingly walks through the fence and to the window.

"Who are you and why were you looking through my window?" The neighbor asks

"I'm Dallas, and this is my socially anxious goldfish of a best friend, Rory!"

"I can speak for myself thank you!" Rory says giving the boy a slight shove to the shoulder "But yeah I'm basically a goldfish"

"I'm Gwen," the punk girl responds "now the second answer?"

"We heard your super awesome singing and thought we would look over. Then we say that other chick spying and that made it even more interesting." Rory explains

"Ok you guys can come in," Gwen says "just be careful of, you know, falling and hurting yourself."

The two climb into her room and see all her posters of cool bands and purple walls.

"Nice room," Dallas says, trying to spark conversation

"Thanks" Gwen smiles "I try my hardest"

"I'm back!" The blonde girl huffed making her way through the window and handing off a C.D. to Gwen. "Who are they?" She questions glancing at the duo