8

"In that respect, I should say that it is fortunate that she is young. If she continues to receive treatment and recuperates, she will be healthy."

"Please. I will support you with whatever you need."

"Please provide me with a priest first. It is difficult to completely remove the aftereffects with only medicine. Divine power is essential."

"We've already put in a request to the temple. They won't arrive until after the blizzard subsides a bit."

"I'll be waiting. Well then."

The doctor hastily walked away.

The Marquis stood in the hallway for a while, then knocked and opened the door.

The maid, who was wiping the child's face with a towel soaked in warm water, sprung up.

"Go out for a while."

"Yes, Marquis."

After the maid left, only Ariadne and Marquis Weaver were left in the room.

The Marquis stood tall and looked at the child.

Pale skin and a weak body. The atmosphere felt like if she were to breathe hard, she would crumble and fly away.

She had a small face and big blue eyes.

It wouldn't be surprising if those eyes were to look lifeless, but those eyes were unexpectedly bright.

'She looks like Gloria.'

Actually, she doesn't really look anything like her.

The delicate and colorful appearance that looks like a doll is a replica of Duke Eldieo.

Nevertheless, she resembles his youngest sister.

The atmosphere of a child who woke up from illness, and even if her whole body was broken and scattered, only those bright eyes would remain.

The marquis suddenly realized that the child was his own blood before she was the only daughter of the Duke.

That little thing, my sister's daughter, my only niece.

<It looks like the internal organs were damaged and then recovered. At least ten times.>

<I can only imagine what kind of pain she must have endured with that small body.>

<Someone did that deliberately.>

My sister, who I thought was living well and in luxury, died suddenly, and my younger niece, whom I thought was growing up loved, appeared in front of me in a state of despair.

The impression he had of the Duke of Eldieo collapsed in an instant.

The Marquis had heard that the Duke had stopped eating and drinking for several days after his wife died.

So while investigating the death of the youngest, he did not suspect the Duke.

I was just sad.

I was also angry asking why my sister who had a weak body was so stubborn and went into a contaminated area.

But for the first time, I had some doubts.

If the Duke was a completely different person than what he had thought, maybe his sister's death wasn't an accident.

'If my father hadn't brought her here, I wouldn't have known anything until the end.'

If that were the case, we might have only heard that the child had died as a result of illness or an accident.