Chapter 2

A man's voice called out to Eda, making Serkan look at him. He clenched his jaw and furrowed his brows at the sight of his familiar face—it was Yusuf.

Thoughts of Eda being with him flooded his mind, making his fists curl into a ball. But what stunned him more was when a little girl, younger than Kiraz, raced after Yusuf and exclaimed...

"Baba!"

The firmness of Serkan's face was replaced by pure shock. Baba? Eda and Yusuf? He thought as he looked between the two of them.

"Zehra, kızım." Yusuf said as he picked up the little girl in his arms.

Zehra—it was a name that Eda had also liked when they were choosing baby names for Kiraz.

Serkan looked at Eda, confusion and disbelief evident in his eyes, and opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. His attention averted to Sirius who had suddenly followed Kiraz to the water fountain. He had no choice but to run after Sirius to retrieve him, leaving an equally stunned Eda.

As he chased after Sirius, Eda quickly turned to Yusuf. "I can't be here. We have to go."

"Tamam, sakin ol." He spoke, trying to calm Eda. "Here...take Zehra and go ahead to the car. I'll go and get Kiraz. Tamam mi?"

"Tamam." She took Zehra in her arms and took the keys from Yusuf before walking towards their car.

Yusuf found Kiraz at the water fountain, playing with other kids. He crouched down and spoke, "Kiraz, hadi gidelim."

Serkan was just an earshot away as he had finally got hold of Sirius. He intently watched Yusuf and Kiraz interact, listening to their conversation.

"Tamam, Uncle Yusuf." She held onto his hand, making Serkan jealous. Although what made him happy was that she did not call him baba, but uncle.

As Yusuf and Kiraz walked to the direction of their car, he saw Serkan watching them. He gave him a light nod before walking past him. Away from eyes' view, Serkan pursed his lips and scrunched up his nose as rage was overtaking him.

The view of Yusuf and Kiraz together as a father and daughter was making him crazy. Even more with the thought of Yusuf being Eda's lover. He sighed as he walked back to his car, no longer in the mood for a walk in the park.

—------------

That night, Serkan couldn't get the thought of Eda and Yusuf out of his head. So many scenarios played in his mind, making him pace back and forth. Seyfi, who had passed by his house, thought that he might have really gone crazy.

He was now in his office, blankly staring at the screen of his laptop, mindlessly tapping his finger on the table. He had been at it for almost an hour, not getting any work done, so he stood up and grabbed his jacket and keys, deciding to go for a drive.

Ding-dong...Ding-dong...Ding-dong...

"Serkan?"

He walked past the door, like a casually welcomed guest, and paced back and forth, his hands on his hips as he took a deep breath.

"Engin." He looked at his best friend.

"Evet, Serkan?" He asked. "Hoş geldiniz." He said sarcastically.

"I saw Eda again."

"Ne?" Engin asked, shocked.

"I saw Eda and Kiraz." He said with emphasis.

"Ne??"

Serkan plopped himself on the couch and took a deep breath. "Eda was still as beautiful as ever. Kiraz...Kiraz she looks so much like Eda." A smile formed on his lips.