Chapter 03

A/N: I just realised I posted the wrong draft and nothing makes sense in this chapter💀 ignore the obvious 'wardrobe malfunction' lol can't believe I thought it made sense at one point haha. I'm too lazy to edit atm so please bear with me I'm sorryyyyy.
**********
I'm not sure how long I stayed in that classroom. But eventually, I got bored of waiting for something to happen and decided to leave. As much as I wanted to stay in that classroom longer just so I could witness the drama unfold, I wasn't going to stick around until Dom showed up again.

After getting through the halls without any trouble, I make my way back to my car and drive home. I still feel like shit. As I turn the key and start my engine, the thought crosses my mind:

What am I doing? What the hell was that fight about?

The question lingers in my mind as I continue driving home.

I park in my driveway and hop out of my car. I don't even bother shutting it off, instead I just throw the keys on the passenger seat and hurry inside. Once I'm inside my house, I head straight for my bedroom and collapse onto the bed.

After a while, I fall asleep.

When I wake up, I realize that it's late afternoon. My eyelids are heavy and a yawn escapes from deep within my throat. Slowly, I roll over in my bed and stare up at the ceiling. I glance at the clock above my nightstand and see that it's 4pm.

I lie there for a while, trying to decide whether or not I should get up. Eventually, I give up on making a decision and turn off my alarm. I then get out of bed and grab a quick shower to wash away the lingering stink of stale sweat. After drying myself off, I put on my clothes for the day and head downstairs to fix myself some lunch.

While I eat, I watch TV while surfing through channels. A few hours later, I find myself lying on my couch with my laptop on my lap. I have no plans for tonight, so I figure I might as well catch up on some work.

As I search through my inbox for new messages, I suddenly pause and look up. Something is different this time. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like I'm being watched. I glance back down at my computer screen and notice that there are several new emails from Mason.

I click on the first email. It comes from an address that I don't recognize but I open it anyway.

Hey
Hope u r doing ok
Please call me when you get a chance
Love u

There are a total of seven emails. Each one is written exactly the same way and each one has the same subject line: Hope you are doing okay. Since I'm not expecting any mail from him, I read them all.

I look at the clock on my wall and notice that it's after 7pm now. I sigh and shake my head. What the hell is going on? Is he really worried about me? He knows I'm staying here alone, doesn't he? Maybe he's concerned because he hasn't heard from me since this morning. That must be it, right?

Then I remember the last email he sent me: Love you.

I look at the email again and read it again. The words echo in my head: Love you.

I close my laptop and get up from the couch. Then I head to my bedroom, removing my clothes as I go. I slip out of my clothes as I crawl into bed.

I lie there, staring up at the ceiling again. I wish I could just close my eyes and go to sleep. But my mind keeps racing. Why would he write those emails to me? Was he really just checking up on me? Or does he actually love me? And what about the other thing he said in his last email? It seemed like he was saying goodbye.