Chapter 42: 'Try For Us'

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔'     𝑷𝑶𝑽 •𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟐 @ 𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟕𝐩𝐦

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟐 @ 𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟕𝐩𝐦

***

Two rings in and I am already sweating like smaddy dash a bucket a water pon me.

Figuratively, not literally.

Today is the day I'll tell my mother about the pregnancy.

I've been putting it off for a while now, not because I'm scared or anything of her -- cause' after all me a me own big ooman -- but because I have no idea what her reaction will be.

Ever since we rekindled our mother daughter relationship, she has been soo stern and strict.

Giving advices every second talking about I should hold my head up in school and become something in life that she never got the chance to be because her parents didn't give her that push, and such.

Motherly advices.

The call rang out until the words called not answered popped up on my screen.

"A muss one sign dis." My subconscious cowered and I shook the thoughts away.

I then tapped the video call icon again on the top of out chat and it rang until she picked up.

Watch yah now!

"Wahm me baby? Me did deh outta Kitchen." She stated chirpily, glancing at the phone as she wiped off her hands in the dish towel.

"Oh alright. Me will gwaan wait. " I gave her a soft smiled at her then the call fell into silence.

My mother sensed that something was wrong and studied my face, staring at me intently, "A wahm to yuh?"

Am I this easy to be read?

"Likkle girl." She called, dragging me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"A wah make you a behave so weird?"

"Oh umm me did call yuh fi talk to yuh bout something."

"Lawd a mercy, a wah dis now. Wait deh make me go turn down me stove cause' me nuh wah bun up me rice sake a yuh."

I tittered and told her okay, waiting for her to return.

The second she returned, I heard the bed ruffle and she took up the phone, with her entire face covering my phone screen.

"Mommy if you wah be me wallpaper just say dat and done." I insinuated, trying to brighten the dull vybe before shit turns left.

"Yeah weh you did a say now?" She asked, waiting for me to start talking.

I stayed silent for a while thinking of how I'm going to pop the big news to her.

Ah ready! Just get dis over with and done cause me cah bada.