Let Me Take Care of You. Part 1/3

☙ ❦ ❧

Fantasy on the subject: Kakashi returns after a rather traumatic (physically) mission...

Timing: somewhere after the death of the Third and Sasuke's abandoment of the Leaf Village.

Planned size: 3 parts

Rating: NC-17 (at least)

☙ ❦ ❧

Arina raised her head and listened. No, just her imagination. She dropped her head on the pillow again and sighed wistfully. When will he be back? He was due at least two days ago.

The fate of a shinobi's lover is tough. She was mostly afraid of the domestic routine that could strangle any romance, but turned out that the constant separation was worse: when you don't know where he is, how he is doing, will he come back and if he does come back – when and... how?.. It was only at first that the separation seemed for the better, because it made everything feel more intense. But that was self-deception. The reality was more cruel and less romantic. The waiting was unbearable.

Arina managed to fall asleep after all, but a few hours later her light sleep was interrupted. This time she was certain she heard rustling downstairs. She lay listening for a while, then slipped out of bed, put on her yukata and crept downstairs quietly.

Kakashi was standing with his back to her, leaning against the wall, and trying to take off his shoes. Arina froze, suppressing the joyful exclamation ready to burst from her lips, and stared at him with concern: he did not even feel her presence. Moreover, the wooden floorboards of the stairs hardly allowed sneaking upon someone unnoticed. However, she managed to do it. With him.

Kakashi's uniform eloquently indicated that the mission had not been an easy one: numerous scuffs, cuts, here and there was ingrained dirt, and, what was worse – traces of blood.

"Kakashi..." the girl voiced after all.

The silver-haired man, at that moment finally winning the battle against his shoes, froze, then turned around abruptly.

"Ari..."

Arina saw how his face instantly began to relax and its features became softer, as if until that very moment he was still mentally somewhere out there, on the mission. She swiftly covered the distance separating them and wrapped her arms around Kakashi's neck.

"You're back..."

Kakashi hugged her back, but it seemed to the girl that something was holding him back – as if he was debating whether to respond fully, or maintain some distance.

"Baby, I'm covered in dirt..." he stammered out, confirming her guess. "And... frankly speaking, don't smell very well either..."

"What nonsense..." Arina, as if on purpose, pressed her face into Kakashi's chest with all her might, taking advantage of the fact that his vest was unzipped.

After a little hesitation, Kakashi obviously let go, and, no longer holding back, gave the girl a bear hug, burying his face into her hair, taking in her scent with pleasure – warm, pure, cosy fragrance of the home... their home...

"You have no idea how much I've dreamed about this," he whispered.

"Me too," the girl sobbed, "I was so restless already... Barely could fall asleep today..."

"And I woke you up? I'm so sorry... I was trying to keep it down – was going to spend the night downstairs..." he muttered apologetically.

"You could really do that to me?" Half jokingly, half seriously, Arina flared, finally breaking away from Kakashi and looking into his face. "I've already slept alone for two nights longer than promised!.."