𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

Hey everyone,
Here's the next chapter.
I hope this one will be filled in with a lot of inline comments and votes too?

A heartiest gratitude for all the support and love, so far. ❤️

Happy Reading! 🌻

|•|•|

February 2020

Udaipur

Shergill's

How fast the night passes and the rotation of the earth brings us back in the morning, the part of the day which not many people appreciate. Some days, no matter how the lovely weather is, one just wants to sleep off, especially when its winter and given that you have some serious errands to run. This was exactly the way Karan was feeling. It was not that he didn't wanted to get back to his routine but simply because it was after long that he had spent this long, with family, in celebrations; because once he made his place in the Indian team, there was no going back. Gone were the days where he could simply take too many offs, but was he complaining? No; because he knew the struggle he did and the struggle that thousands of people like him face, to be where he is. So he valued the chance and he did not wanted to take it for granted, any day. Hence, when Monami woke him up, though he knew he had to be up, it was just his quilt which was not letting him go.

As per the way her body has grown accustomed to, Monami's sleep was broken even before her alarm rang, so she saw the time and since there were a couple of minutes to go before the blaring noise disrupts the peace, she took the time to turn and admire the sleeping human, who was facing her. She found herself seeing him in a different light, because of the kind of the person he was. So humble, so polite, with that childlike mischief and so grounded. Unbeknownst to her, each passing moment made her take one step close to him.

Sensing that she has spent a little too much time in her admiring session, her eyelashes fluttered and before the heat could manage to settle itself on her cheeks, she clumsily got up and silenced her alarm before it could turn the room into a clattering one, she did her morning prayer and then quickly throwing a glance at him and correcting his side of quilt, she made her way to washroom.

After Monami changed and came out post her morning business, she took small steps in the direction where her husband was sleeping. Though she was hesitant but she knew she has to do it because it is already quite late for her and moreover, he himself asked her to wake him after she is done. But as soon as she neared him, she got the flashback of last night but she shook her head to clear her mind and slowly shook him, whispering, "Karan."

Unlike many others, Karan could be woken up when someone calls his name twice or thrice in a decent voice pitch but definitely not the way in which his wife was whispering.

Monami cleared her throat and she shook him again and with a little raise in her voice, "Karan!"

Seeing his fluttering eyelids and the way his body twisted, Monami knew that he is going to wake up so she took a step back, to give him space.

Karan woke up and like he was used to, he stretched his arms and yawned before opening his eyes when his eyes took in his room, he saw his wife on his side and straightened up swiftly. He was not embarrassed but just a little flustered that his antics were seen by his wife on literally just the second day.

Karan remembered that he had to be up early today so that he could sneak in some extra minutes for his morning routine. Quickly getting up and folding the quilt, he told Monami, "I'll be back in 10", making her nod.

When he came out, the couple stealthily let their eyes check their spouse out, and they could feel the resemblance of one of those days when they've met each other before marriage at Fatehsagar lake.