1-10

Became The Stepmother of Five Cute Babies

"Is she dead? Why hasn't she moved for so long..."

"Er Bao, I'm... scared of... death. What should I do? Why hasn't Da Bao brought Wu Bao back yet?

"Er Bao, San Bao... could Da Bao and Wu Bao have been eaten by... some big, fierce beast?"

In a shabby house, two little boys less than six sat in the corner, holding hands. They looked at the motionless woman on the ground in horror. Although they were afraid to get close, they did not dare to leave the house.

The little ones mumbled in a low voice and sobbed in fear simultaneously. The small movements of their chattering directly woke up the impatient Mo Ruyue.

My head hurts!

The intense pain made Mo Ruyue frown. She didn't even open her eyes but subconsciously raised her hand and touched her forehead.

It was hot and sticky...

Mo Ruyue suddenly opened her eyes and looked at the blood on her fingertips. Her eyes became sharp and murderous. Had her head been split open?

She looked around...

What was this place?

Mo Ruyue pinched her temple. A rare trace of confusion appeared on her cold, indifferent face. Her memory gradually became clear.

She was a professional assassin. She had recently received an urgent mission to assassinate a politician in the United States with her partner, but they were ambushed.

Thinking of this, Mo Ruyue suddenly sat up.

"M-Moved, m-moved..." San[2] Bao, who had lost one of his front teeth, stammered as he looked in Mo Ruyue's direction. Suddenly, he screamed, hugged Er[1] Bao, and burst into tears.

"B-bad... B-bad mother... She's up!"

As soon as he started crying, the five-year-old Si[3] Bao, who was as timid as a mouse, also started crying. "Bad mother is alive! She's going to hit someone... Wuwu, Si Bao is so scared!"

Er Bao was stunned for a moment. After all, he was only a nine-year-old child. He watched as Mo Ruyue 'came to life and sat up.

The fear of being abused that had been instilled in him for a long time broke out, but he still stuttered to protect his siblings. "N-No, no, no, I'm not afraid. Big Brother isn't here, so I'll protect you."

The little guy tried his best to act like a brave little hero, but his trembling limbs and voice, as well as his pale face, betrayed the fear in his heart.

He trembled as he picked up the wooden stick in the corner and pointed it at Mo Ruyue. "Y-You... M-mother, did you turn into a ghost and have come to take revenge on big brother? You can't hurt big brother. You were the one who threw Wu[4] Bao into the mountains and sold us out. Big brother was angry; that's why he hit you!"

"Shut up! Don't cry." Mo Ruyue only felt that the little ones were crying and making a fuss and were extremely annoying. With a roar, she made the little ones shut up with some grievances.

She sat on the ground, her whole body in pain as if she had been crushed by a giant wheel 10,000 times.

Mo Ruyue looked at the three dirty and thin children. Their torn clothes were already too embarrassing to be called 'clothes'...

As for the three children in front of her, the words they had just mumbled and the familiar scene...

Mo Ruyue's heart was filled with an ominous premonition. This plot was simply too similar to a healing-type farming novel she had read not long ago.