Chapter two

Matthews house:

It was saturday and Eric and Isla were sat on the Matthews couch, eating a big bowl of coco puffs between them.
"So what time to do get off work later?"
Isla slightly leant back so she could look at Eric when he asks her the question, with a mouth full of cereal.
"Umm, 4 I think. Why what do you want to do?"
"I was thinking, Chubbies, for some pool and some food."
"OK yeah come meet me and we can walk together, and can I stay at yours later pretty please"
Eric would never say no to her staying the night. He loved it when she slept over, she would always cuddle up to him, and he would always sleep so peaceful knowing she was there with him.
"Sure, you're always welcome here, you dont even have to ask."
"I know, I just like to make you aware that you will have to share your bed."
Eric couldn't hide then smile on his face when she said this with a obvious tone and a little shoulder shrug.
"I'm always happy to share my bed with you. Only you though."
Isla blushed slightly at his words, he was honestly the sweetest person ever.
"Thank you." She whispered as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

♡♡♡

Isla worked at the art museum, giving tours. She absolutely loved her job, because she loved art. That was her passion, it's what she was good at.
She would paint when she was happy or sad, or any emotion really, whenever she was bored or inspired she would pick up a brush and paint.
And that is exactly what her Dad found her doing when he went to her room, just before she was supposed to leave for work.
"You do know you have to be at work in about.. 18 minutes right."
Isla gasped at her dad's words, quickly looking at her clock on her bedside table.
"Oh my god, I didn't even realise the time. I was supposed to leave earlier to make up the time I was late last time."
Dean couldn't help but laugh as he watched his daughter scramble around to collect her things. He wasn't at all surprised that she was late, she always was, especially when she was painting. It's like nothing else in the world matters only her art. She would sit there for hours and would never get distracted by anything, until either the painting was finished or she had to be somewhere.
"It's fine don't worry, I'll give you a lift there so you aren't late."
"Have I told you lately how much I love you, because I do. A lot." Isla gives her dad a kiss on the cheek and a big hug in thanks for saving her butt, yet again.
Dean just laughed and gave her a kiss on the crown of her head, and a quick hug back.
"I love you too. Now let's go before your late and even I can't help you."
"Right let's go."

Finally in the car. Isla was double checking her bag, just to make sure she had everything. When she was finally satisfied that she did, she sat back and looked at her dad,
"Oh, and by the way I'm going to Chubbies with Eric after work and then sleeping round his tonight. Just to let you know."
"OK no worries, me and your mum can finally have some alone time."
Dean burst out laughing when his daughter started gaging and slapping his arm.
"OK first of all, gross, and second if you want some alone time just tell me and I would be happy to get the hell out of the house. I never ever want to hear anything."
"Duly noted. Next time I will just ask you to go stay at your boyfriends."
Dean teased her and gave her arm a nudge.
"He isn't my boyfriend, but I'm always happy to stay there, and they're always happy to have me."
"He isn't your boyfriend yet, but he will be. Trust me I know men and I know he's in love with you."
"Yeah well if that was true he wouldn't keep going out with all these different girls all the time. I think these feelings are just one sided."
Dean sighed, he felt bad for his daughter, having to watch the person you love go out with so many different girls couldn't be easy.
He patted her leg, then gave her hand a squeeze.
"Trust me he feels the same he's just stupid and hasn't said anything yet, but he will."
"Thanks, I hope you're right. But don't call him stupid."
"Sorry, but he's being stupid for not admitting his feelings for you. It's frustrating."
Isla let out a small laugh as her dad huffed. She could always count on her dad. If she ever wanted to talk he was there and always making her laugh. He really was the best, she couldn't ask for anybody better to raise her.
The same thing went for her mum, she had a great relationship with both her parents. It wasn't always like that. Isla and her mum didn't get on for a long time, they would argue and Isla would say some horrible things she would never mean. Then one day something changed, Isla could see she wasn't being a good daughter, she would pick a fight just to get a reaction. When she went to her mum and apologised they spent hours crying together and mending their relationship. Now they were like best friends, they told each other everything, sometimes to much, but they loved each other and Isla couldn't be happier.

"Well thank you for the lift, and would you look at that I'm a whole 5 minutes early."
"Well what can I say, I'm just the best."
Isla laughed at her dad and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"See you later."
"See you later, love you."
"Love you too."

♡♡♡