Ice Cream Date Pt. 1

Akito Shinonome has always thought of An Shiraishi as a rival his whole life, meaning he always wanted to beat her as she was a worthy opponent. Some might see this as a competitor, but there was more to it when it came to Akito. She was also more special in his eyes in a way more than rivals, more than teammates, more like a ... crush. Akito has crushed on An his whole life, more in a idolizing way that he wants to become like her and surpass her one day. But, only recently Akito has had this feeling towards her, still a crush, but in a more romantic way?

It was after band practice that afternoon, Toya had left previously due to a sudden family emergency, and Kohane was sick so she didn't attend today. So, it was just An and Akito left.

"Hey Akito! Wanna come over to the WEEKEND GARAGE today?" An asked optimistically. "Yeah, sure why not," Akito responded. "C'mon let's walk together, it's not that far from here!" An suggested. "Let's make that a race actually, whoever loses has to take the other out for ice cream!" "Akito, Akito, always suggesting competitions, but I'm up for it!" An said enthusiastically. An was confident in herself, she had just joined the track team at school recently and had been making great progress in her speed skills. Akito however just wanted free ice cream, and he just hoped by luck he'd win.

"Yay! I won! I got here first!!" An shouted as she arrived near the entrance making an "L" sign with her hands towards Akito. "Hey! No fair! It's only because you've been practicing recently!" Akito said, trying to make an excuse. Well you're the one who suggested it, dummy, An thought. "Anyways you still owe me ice cream!" An said. Akito sighed as they walked into the café. An's dad, Ken Shiraishi happened to be near the entrance as they arrived. "Dad! Akito owes me ice cream because he lost to me in a race!" An boastfully said as she came into contact with her dad. "Haha, guess that goes to showing boys don't always beat girls in athletics, well in Akito's case anyways" Ken said while chuckling. "Hey!" Akito said while a slight shade of red was appearing on his face, "I'm not that bad!" "How was band practice anyway?" her dad asked the two. "It was okay, I suppose, Kohane didn't attend this time, and Toya left earlier so it was kinda just me and Akito chilling for a while" An explained. "Eh that's alright, you'll all meet up again next time," her dad said enthusiastically to comfort An. "Back to Akito, how have you been recently, son?" Ken said. Akito had been a regular at WEEKEND GARAGE for the past two years, and Akito has always had a close relationship with the Shiraishis since he and An were in junior high so it was normal for Ken to act this way towards him. "I've been okay," Akito said politely, responding to his question. Ken sensed something was up with Akito, he just had that sense after seeing him grow up. "Hey An, do you mind warming some coffee for me?" Ken asked her in an attempt to have a discussion alone with Akito. An not wanting to displease her father nodded and hurried along to the kitchen to make a batch of coffee. "So what's the issue?" Ken asked Akito. "Huh?" He answered with confusion. "Look Akito, I can tell when something's wrong, so what is it?" Ken said in a warm tone. Akito himself didn't really know what was going on with him, but he too felt him experiencing some changes. "To be honest, I'm not sure what's bugging me, but I've had this new feeling lately like a stronger feeling than ones I've experienced before" he answered honestly. "Well, think about it Akito, you're a high school boy experiencing mixed emotions, could it be something relating to your love life?" Ken said. Akito was about to respond when An appeared once again with the coffee. "Dad! I finished, I also made some for myself and Akito too!" An shouted. "So, we'll continue this conversation later," Ken said. "Hm, what were you guys talking about?" Akito was about to say something, when Ken responded for him, "it's nothing important, and this coffee is great An!" he said changing the subject. "Akito, here's your portion!" An said optimistically as she handed him the coffee. An was acting a bit nicer towards Akito just now, which caused him to widen his eyes for a second before saying, "A-Ah thanks." He could've said something ruder just now like he normally does but for some reason, something was stopping him. So that's what's bothering him, Ken thought while looking at Akito and An. "Anyways, I should get going soon, thanks An, thanks Ken-san." "Alright see you tomorrow, don't forget you owe me a trip for some ice cream!" An said as he was leaving. "Ugh, don't remind me An," he said as he waved to An and bowed down to Ken. "You know, that Akito, I have a feeling he'll be showing up much more often," Ken said after he left. In confusion, An just said "huh?" "You'll see An, just wait, in time all things will happen." An hated when her dad talked in this knowing serious dad tone but she just nodded at her words. For some reason, meeting Akito tomorrow for ice cream was strangely causing her to look forward to it.

Neither An or Akito would ever consider meeting up over a bet for ice cream as a date, but hearing it from others it did sound a lot like one.

"OH MY GOD!?! You're going on a date with Ena's little brother An!?!? Never thought he was your type but I'm happy for you!!!" Mizuki Akiyama shouted over the phone.

"MIZUKI! For the 100th time, I'm not going on a date with Akito! He just lost a bet with me so he owes me ice cream!" An sharply responded back.

"Sure sure, and even if it wasn't a date, you have to admit you're excited aren't you? But it is totally a date" Mizuki said innocently.

"..."

"HAH! I knew it! An is excited about her date with Shinonome-kun~" Mizuki replied feeling pleased.

"MIZUKI!!!!!" yelled An blushing hard on the other side of the phone

At the Shinonome residence, similar events were happening between Akito and his older sister Ena Shinonome. Akito's footsteps could be heard from his pacing around his room. Ena, annoyed by this, decided to interrupt by opening the door, "AKITO!? What are you doing!!?" "SHUT UP ENA YOUR LOUDER WHEN TALKING TO AKIYAMA," Akito said in a tone a bit louder than he anticipated. "Hey, what's going on Akito?" Ena responded after that sudden abrupt response. "I don't know, I've been feeling really weird lately." Akito never imagined Ena was the person he'd vent all his sudden feelings to but at this time he wasn't worried about that. Ena sat down on his bed, before saying "In what way?" Akito remembered at that moment what Ken had told him earlier but he doubted it was the reason, after all he wasn't in love with anyone? At least he thought he wasn't? "I DON'T KNOW and for some reason I feel so nervous about tomorrow even though we've hung out so many times before, this time feels different..." Akito said. "So you're worried about a date?" Ena suggested. "IT'S NOT A DATE but idk what's wrong with me, I feel so different about it this time around." "Aww! My little brother is experiencing some first love troubles!" Ena remarked. "Get. Out." Akito said firmly with a dark tone. "May I at least know who the girl is?" Ena pleaded ignoring what her brother just said. Akito knew she wouldn't leave until she got her tea so he decided to give up and said, "Shiraishi." "Hmm, where have I heard that name before?" Ena thought. As if a lightbulb went over her head, she suddenly said "OH! It's the daughter of that musician you idolize isn't it? What was her name? An I believe?". "SHUT UP!" Akito shouted, feeling embarrassed by the sound of her name. Ena giggled and said "but don't you think she's a bit too pretty for you?~" in an attempt to tease her flustered little brother before leaving the room.

Time passes by quickly, doesn't it? And that's how An found herself getting ready to meet up with Akito who texted saying he was waiting for her outside WEEKEND GARAGE. "I'm heree!" An exclaimed in her usual happy tone. "What took you so long, I honestly have no clue how you won that bet, you move at a sloth's pace" Akito grumbled. "Well at least a sloth can go faster than the likes of Akito Shinonome," An said proudly. Akito groaned before he said "anyways, I know the perfect place to get ice cream, it was recommended to me by a friend." "Ooh, sounds yummy, have you ever been there before?" An asked as they started walking together at the same pace. "No, but I trust my friend that it's good" he said. "Tsk, Tsk, such an Akito move, assuming something is good before even trying it," An said while shaking her head. Akito just sighed and remained silent as they walked towards the cafe.

Author's Note: dont worry, i'll make a part two of what happens during their date~ 

sorry that this might have not been the best quality, i wrote it like a few months ago lol

hope you guys enjoyed!!!!! akian shippers unite!!!!