School project

"So, even though he wanted to do a lot as President, he died of pneumonia after only 32 days

"So, even though he wanted to do a lot as President, he died of pneumonia after only 32 days. So, we can all learn from Harrison to wear our coats and wash our hands, so we have better systems. The end!" The first Annie said as she did a tap dance and the class groaned.

"Good job, Annie. Okay, B., your turn." the teacher said as he turned to your sister. "You sure there's time? I don't wanna keep anyone from vacation." Annie said as you and the class laughed. "Just come up here," he said, slightly irritated.

"Where's your essay?" He asked staring at her in confusion. "Alright, just like we practiced." you muttered as you watched from outside as your class was at recess.

"Up here. and it's more of a performance piece." your sister began before continuing. "Here we go" the teacher muttered from under his breath.

"My president is Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He was elected in 1932 when almost everyone was poor. So, pretty much just like now, but without the Internet." She paused for a moment as the class laughed before continuing again.

"Everyone in the front row, you be the poor people. You're hungry and mad. So, growl and your feet. Grr! Grr-grr!" your sister asked as the class repeated.

"Grr! Grr-grr! Grr! Grr-grr!" they repeated before Annie continued

"Front row, good news, you're the rich people. Laugh and clap like you're better than everybody. Ha-ha! Ha-ha-ha!" your sister asked, clapping her hands as the class repeated once more.

"Ha-ha! Ha-ha-ha!" They repeated with smiles. "But didn't like that everyone was poor, so, he gave them all jobs. He called it the New Deal. Work hard, and you get rich. So, when I tap you, you're rich." Your sister said as she tapped people and continued.

"He had built roads and got paid. Cut down and got paid. Made it easy to buy a house, go to college. Soon, the country was happy." Your sister said as she began making her way to the front again with a smile.

"But don't worry, rich people. You're still better than everyone because you get even richer!" Your sister said starting a drum roll as you smiled happily before running to get your things.

"you make it in time?" One of the girls beside you asked you and Annie.

"We always do." You replied. "We'll cover for you, good luck," Isabella said.

"Lucks for suckers" you and your sister replied in unison.

(I Couldn't write the overture part I'm sorry 😭)

"Any for Bennett?" you asked hopefully as your sister continued to draw with the chalk. "Honey, I told you and your sister. if I even remotely be your parents walk in, I'm let you know. And I mean remotely. name's Bennett, Senate, Pomegranate, black, white, other. I'll let you two know." Dromani told you and Annie.

"I'm guessing you two are gonna stay anyway?" He asked you both. "Yep." You and your sister replied in unison.

You and Annie just sat there drawing with the chalk in front of the restaurant until it closed.

"Sorry" Dromani Apologised. "It's okay we just come for the cannoli" Your sister replied. "I'll see you two next Friday?" he asked.

"You know it" you replied with a smile as you picked up your and Annies bags.

"Hey, girls. how'd it go?" Lou asked you both

"Nope." you replied as you pulled the latter down. "Eh."

"Can we?" your sister asked Lou.

"Sure. As long you give those to my lady." Lou said as he handed her a bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, Lou!" you yelled seeing Lou nod in reply.

You and Annie were walking to "your" room quietly when you heard a raspy voice yell at you both.

"Freeze!"

A/N: I had to come up with a name for the waiter guy at the restaurant 🧍‍♀️