𝟎𝟏𝟑 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺

CHAPTER 13 ━━━ INSANELY

REMUS WASN'T ONE FOR SPEAKING UP, he knew that, and hated it about himself. He knew he should, he was a prefect for heaven's sake, but the action of confrontation deeply scared him. He could never ask for help on anything, it would be too embarrassing, and he thought it would be an inconvenience for the other party. 

  This habit seemed to have proven itself today. It shouldn't have to be that difficult to make a simple tablecloth appear out of thin air, at least that's what everyone thought at first. He scanned the room, only a few students had been able to get it, and seemed to be casting the spell over and over again as 'practice', but to James and Remus, it was just a way to shove it in their faces that they could not do it. Around the room students had been asking for help, and have been getting better, but for the two that would be a mere last resort in desperation. Remus and James prided themselves on the fact they could usually learn things on their own.

  Remus was very bright, and he'd gotten along just fine without asking for assistance. His friends had gotten just alright as well, in fact they were practically as smart as him, granted they weren't that scared to ask a question. Remus knew he could probably learn the spell by the end of the week, the problem was that Professor McGonagall had made it clear that this spell was to be mastered tonight as homework, and preformed again tomorrow. How great.

  "She's got to be playing a prank on us, this spell probably isn't even real," James complained, teetering his wand in-between his fingers.

  "Prongs, do you seriously think that Professor McGonagall would be playing a prank on us?" Remus asked.

  James just grumbled back a "No," the boy looked to a certain person sitting just a few desks in front of them, she grinned triumphantly as she managed to successfully do the spell for the third time, "Yeah, yeah, go on and make a medal and wear it everyday why don't you?" Prongs retorted. 

  Remus rolled his eyes smiling at his friend's incompetence, "Leave her alone, it's not her fault for your idiocy, mate. She hasn't done anything to you," he soothed looking back to Mila, raising his wand trying to repeat the spell again, but as it had done for the whole period, it did not work.

  "Yeah well she's surely done something to to you," snorted the spectacled boy, pushing up his lenses.

  Moony furrowed his brows, "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, tapping his wand against his arms as if to knock some extra magic into it.