𝟎𝟏𝟔 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

CHAPTER 16 ━━━ WISHED OBLIGATIONS

IT'S STARTLING TO SEE NEW, YET FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS. When Mila arose that early in the morning, not from her nightly urge for a smoke, or disrupted from nightmares, she was quite confused when her eye slightly squinted open. Across at the other bed what she viewed was a head of black hair, slightly deviated from the way Ruby's hair had looked.

  Over the night she had squished herself up to the edge of the mattress, where her cheek was pressed against her pillow, her arm hanging off the bed, and her right leg bent so close to the ledge it might've fallen off just like her other limb. Alarmed by the different view of what was a Gryffindor dorm, her fingers, almost touching the floor, jerked suddenly, tickling the palm that lay just below it.

  On the floor slept a crumpled Remus Lupin, sprawled out with a small knit blanket on top. So subtly through his slumber had his hand shifted and found its place beneath the overhanging one of Mila's, and with the new jolt of feeling shot up his arm he squinted his eyes open.

  Mila now sat up, wide awake while the huge comforters and mounds of pillows and sheets engulfed her. Her hair was a mess, matted and knotted in the back. Her chest ached as she still wore her bra from the day before, and the strap of the old tank top she'd been given from Maisie loosely fell over her shoulder. She flinched while she tried dragging her fingers through her locks, only pulling on her scalp and hurting herself.

  Remus, taking in a quick glance, was still utterly too tired as he let his eyes shut again, this time he stretched out his back which had been bent over all night, and settled back into a more comfortable position. Mila watched the boy move, softly smiling at his slightly downturned lips and grump of an expression while he tried to sleep.

  Being as careful and quiet as she could, she slipped out of the bed. Noticing the same clock from before, it was seven o'clock in the morning, quite early for what the events of last night entailed. She was very grateful for the hangovers and deep sleep that the rest of Remus' friends were in. Luckily last night she'd fallen asleep so heavily she hadn't even heard the group of boys barge into the room, and even when they had teased Remus after seeing Mila bundled up in his sheets, they were too drunk to remember it by this morning.

  By now, Mila assumed that she could slip back into her dorm, change out her sheets peacefully, and catch a few more hours of rest in the better comfort of her dorm. Though that wasn't to say that Remus' bed wasn't nice. She awkwardly tiptoed over Remus' limbs, finally and nimbly skipping quietly over to the door.

  "Leaving already?" he lazily mumbled, shifting back onto his back as he rubbed his forehead.

   "Go to sleep!" Mila hushed, turning as Remus picked himself up and leaned on his forearms.