~ 6 ~

Heine stood around, trying to cure his boredom. He grew tired when he was sitting around for about another hour with the princes, but they just wouldn't let him leave. He sighed, exasperated.

Adele noticed the professor standing alone in the cool shade of a tall tree.

"Professor Heine?" She asked to grab his attention, looking up so she could make eye contact with the tutor.

"Princess Adele?" He responded.

She smiled at him. It was comforting, and frankly, it reminded him of Viktor.

"Children!" Someone yelled.

Speak of the devil.. Heine thought as Viktor appeared into his view.

"Father?" Bruno questioned, quite surprised by his sudden reappearance. "Why have you returned? Don't you have work to deal with?" He pushed his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose.

"Your mother is returning to the palace very soon, likely tomorrow!" He announced.

His golden blond hair was a mess, as if he ran into a bunch of things on his way over.

Heine was confused though. Why would the queen return on such short notice after three years of being away at her railway company?

The princes were very surprised to hear the news. Adele was the first to speak.

"Mama is coming home?" She asked, a hint of excitement hidden in her small voice. The king smiled at her and lifted the princess into his arms.

"Yes, my dear daughter." He confirmed. "She is returning to us for a visit!"

Heine could see the happiness that was revealed in his lover's eyes. Of course, any husband would be glad to see their wife after such a long period of time, but they always exchanged letters throughout the years, didn't they? Was that not enough for the two of them?

The tutor turned his head, strands of loose hair covering his dejected eyes. Jealousy was getting the better of him.

What is wrong with me? How selfish.. He cursed himself in his mind. I can't take Viktor away from the queen. They are best friends, they are married, and they have children together. They are happy. I shouldn't feel so jealous of someone who is bound to Viktor through a royal marriage.

"Professor Heine?" The pink haired male was snapped out of his thoughts by the mention of his name. It was Kai.

He cleared his throat before responding to the the second prince.

"Yes, Prince Kai? What can I do for you?"

The white haired boy grabbed the tutor's hand and pressed his palm, mumbling the words, "so soft.." under his breath before finally composing himself.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a low voice.

This confused and scared Heine, though he didn't show it in fear that the prince would suspect him even more.

"Of course, your highness." He nodded. "Why would anything be wrong?" Kai shrugged.

"Your eyes.." He mentioned. "Their sad."

The tutor's eyes widened, and he averted his gaze in an attempt to cover them from the white haired prince's view.

"It is nothing to concern yourself with, highness." He swiped his hand across his forehead, moving his hair from his face and finally remaking eye contact with the prince. "I am perfectly fine."

Kai stared at his professor for a few more moments, before nodding. He wanted to respect his teacher's privacy as much as possible and if he didn't want to talk about what was wrong, that was fine. He would talk eventually.

//-//

One day came and went. Time seemed to fly by as the princes looked through Leonhard's bedroom window, awaiting the arrival of their mother, Queen Titania.

Heine knew what they were doing, even though he wasn't inside the room with them. He didn't want to barge in unannounced though. He felt it would be rude. Another reason for this was that he was scared to speak to the princes. He didn't want emotions to overtake him when he thought of the queen.

All he could think about since yesterday was how he and Viktor would meet this way.

It'll be impossible with the queen around. He told himself. Me and Viktor will be seperated just because they will always be at each others side.

All of a sudden, Leo yelled in the most excited tone Heine had ever heard.

"She's here! She's here! She's here!" He shouted. The tutor had to cover his ears by how loud the fourth prince was being.

"Jeez, Leonhard!" Bruno said, aggravated by how immature his younger brother was being. "I implore you to lower your voice!"

"I'm sorry, dearest brother!"

The peach haired male moved away from the door, knowing that Licht would be the first one to leave.

As expected, the youngest prince opened the doors and yelled inside the room at his brothers.

"Come on, girls~!" He teased. "We'll be late if you don't stop your little cat fight."

"What? We're not fighting, Li-" Leo retorted, but he was interrupted by the long haired boy.

"Whatever," He said. "Let's go greet Mom!"

Heine peaked out from behind the door which he had almost been hit by. He expected Licht to only open one of them, per usual. He adjusted his glasses and looked up at the prince.

"Prince Licht, wherever are you going?" He interrogated as if he hadn't heard their entire conversation. "Lessons begin soon, aren't you aware?"

The blond boy flipped his hair dramatically.

"Oh, teach," He began. "As much as I would love to hang about, we have a mother to reunite with."
Kai and Bruno made their way to their younger brother's side.

"Master, you should join us." The brown haired prince suggested. "It would be the first time you meet our mother."

Kai nodded in agreement, but Heine was hesitant. It was a reunion between royals, not for a mere royal tutor to meet the queen.

"I would not like to get mixed up in your lives." He commented. "This is the time for you to see the queen. Not for me." He cleared his throat, as he could slowly feel it break. He didn't want the princes to notice.

Kai turned.

"Will you come if Leo agrees with us..?" He pleaded. He used the eyes that made him look absolutely adorable. It was undeniable that he wanted his small professor to join their group.

Heine said nothing and only peaked into Leonhard's room to see him standing with his arms crossed, pouting.

"Prince Leonhard?" He got his attention. "What is your opinion on the matter?"

The blond boy was silent. It was expected of him, though it bothered the tutor quite a bit.

"Prince?" He called.

Leo huffed with awkwardness.

"I-..I guess you can come along.." He had a tint of pink dusted on his cheeks, revealing the boy's embarrassment. It was also a sign that he agreed with his brother's. Though he wouldn't admit it, he truly did enjoy the tutor's company and hoped for him to join them.

"I see." Heine looked down. "I guess I shall be joining you, your highnesses."

Licht, Kai, and Bruno cheered, though the third prince didn't express himself as much as the other two. Leonhard however, was stuck trying to suppress his smile in the corner of the room before he finally began waddling behind the tutor and his brothers as they began to head downstairs.