Meeting Bayla Anderson

Bayla's POV
I was walking with a child services lady in silence. We were walking to my new home, I wasn't getting adopted but I wasn't going to be living with my birth parents anymore. Apparently a guy named Cedric Brown was going to be taking me in. Me and the lady walked up onto the porch of a large house, well it seemed more like a mansion to me. The lady nocked on the door and a beautiful woman with brown hair and with pretty blue eyes "Hello you must be Mrs. Jenkins and Bayla, well aren't you pretty, I'm Evangeline" she stuck her hand out for me to shake, so I quickly wiped the sweat on my hand into my dress and shakily griped her hand giving it it a quick shake then quickly pulling away. She gave me a sad smile, then let us inside "I'll go get Mr. Brown" she said and went up the large stair case. About five or so minutes later Evangeline, who I think is Mr. Brown, and seven children came down the stairs, and they looked like there related. Once they were down the stairs the kids lined up and Mr. Brown came up in front of me and put his hand up for me to shake and I did the exact same thing as I did with Evangeline then he shook Mrs. Jenkins hand. All I could think about was avoiding eye contact with the seven kids, well six if you don't count the baby. "I'm Cedric Brown and you must be Mrs. Jenkins and Bayla Anderson, these are my children, Simon, Tara, Lily, Eric, Chrissy, Sebastian, and Agatha" he said gesturing to each of the kids, Simon and Tara looked to be around my age "Bayla why don't you say hello to the Brown children?" Mrs. Jenkins suggested, but all I did was wave and give a nervous look "Why do you all go play in the yard and you can get to know Bayla" Mr. Brown said and just as he said it Tara grabbed my hand "Come on Bayla lets go!" She squealed excitedly, pulling me into the yard. When we got into the yard I pulled away from Tara's grip and started to walk behind them at a slow pace, and a gloomy look on my face "Are you ok?" asked Chrissy and I nodded 'yes' "Why won't you speak?" Asked Sebastian, but I didn't respond, I just walked over to one of the swings in the yard and started swinging all they did was huddle up and started whispering. The answer to Sebastian's question is I only talk to people I trust, but I don't trust anyone.