𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

▪︎■▪︎■▪︎■▪︎𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳

▪︎■▪︎■▪︎■▪︎
𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳

She walks down the stairs. Still as beautiful as the first time I saw her.I couldn't help but feel my heart swell once again.

"You're majesty." She bows. She looked a little taken back that I was actually here.

"Hello again,Catelyn. I was hoping to have a moment of your time." She glances to her daughters, before looking back to me.

"Of course." She leads down the corridor to what I believe is an office.

"It's my late's husband office." She softly says.
"Would you like anything to drink? I can-"

"No that's quite alright." I kindly tell her. She nods her head, shyly putting her hair behind her ears.

"I-"
"I-"

We both laugh.
"You go first." I tell her, and she smiles.

"I would like to apologize for leaving the way I did at the ball. It was not my intention to disrespect you in front of the entire kingdom." I stare into her eyes, feeling very happy inside when she doesn't look away.

"You need not to apologize Catelyn. I understand, how you felt." I reassure her.
"I myself couldn't fathom the feelings I felt for you in that moment."

She lowers her head, and I walk up to her, gently lifting her head back up.

"It felt surreal."

"It did." She whispers, searching my eyes.

"And it seems everyone wants us to be together." I chuckle, putting my hand back to my side.

"Even the late Queen." I look at her confused.

"There was a letter in the book." She says. I laugh.

Mischievous woman.

Getting lost into her eyes again, I felt the my heart change the course of its rhythm. The strong desire to love her and care for her surged through my body. However, I was not going to overstep my boundaries if that was not what her heart desires.

"I cannot force you to be with me Catelyn, and I know what it's like to lose the love of your life. I do not wish to replace him." I say, taking her hand in mines.
"I only ask, if possible...can you give me the chance to be someone who can love you."

I watch as tears fill her eyes, and I wipe away the stray that fell.

"I would love that." I couldn't stop the big smile that came unto my face. Cupping her face, I lower her head, placing a soft kiss unto her forehead.